Auto delete

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
I record shows for the kids and one show I have 25 episodes but now each recording deletes the last one...why is this???...i have one show that has over 30 recordings

There's a setting for maximum # of recorded events in the timer option (DVR-DVR-DVR-timers-select show-options). At the bottom it has the number which can be changed.

There's a setting for maximum # of recorded events in the timer option (DVR-DVR-DVR-timers-select show-options). At the bottom it has the number which can be changed.
One minor.. make that TWO minor add ons ...
1) make sure you set the "System Default" option after you set this ... so that it won't effect any other *new* timer negatively ... and
2) you have to manually edit every current timer you have, if you want to make this setting change for them.

I had recently found that for what ever reason my new recordings weren't staring a minute early, and ending two minutes late (and set for 25 rather than # as the number of recordings), even though the screen appeared to show the correct options.. and so when I found the timer's had zero as their before/after I had to go in and edit all 40 timers.

The only thing I could think of, was that this was some sort of glitch when the timers were originally created .. that since I didn't set it then, manually, or choose the option there to set as default (even though it was already showing the correct ammount of pre/post time) that it didn't create the timer properly ... and there I was having to edit 40 of them!

also if you have a VIP series DVR,(612, 622,722/722k,922 ) you could hook up an external hard drive and move all of those kids shows to it.
a minimum 50GB and maximum 1TB drive is permitted, per dish's website, but i believe you can use up to a 2TB drive. then you could keep all of them that they want!!

I think they updated the web site. You can have up to a 2TB hard drive now. I have a 1.5TB just added to my 722k. Nice thing now besides that they dropped the $40 activation fee, you just plug and play. No more calling to turn on the external hard drive feature.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Cricket WC in HD

Dish VIP 2114 keeps shutting itself off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)