Audo drop after being on an SD channel

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
This is not new, but finally got around to asking if others hear this happen, and this is on my three 612's.

You have to check this after a reboot, before going to an SD channel. Adjust the volume on an HD channel to where you would listen to it. Go to any HD channel and the audio more or less stays the same.

Now go to an SD channel. The audio will drop, enough that you will have to turn it up. But, now, go back to an HD channel, the audio stays at the lower level, in fact you may have to turn up the audio a little more. It now stays the same all the time, meaning you do not have to keep raising the audio level, going to an SD channel does not lower the volume again.
Do a reboot, not changing the audio levels, and they will be much too loud when the receiver is back on. Go to an SD channel, it goes back down....

Is this a bug in the software? It's only a nuisance in the morning after an automatic overnight reboot, because otherwise during the day once you go to an SD channel - or don't ever go to an SD channel - it will stay the same.
(This happens when the receiver is set to either dolby/PCM or just PCM, and on RF. I do not know if it happens on line volume.)

Last edited:
What's your volume leveling setting? (I left mine on and haven't noticed this problem.)

It's on. Tried it off, no difference in this problem. All three of mine do this, somebody else must have noticed?

One station not in "Local channels" package

Connecting dual receivers to DP34

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)