audio, no video on HD channels

s-aggarwal

Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
For some reason I can see the HDTV demo channel fine, but receive only audio, but no video on all of the other DISH HD channels. My switch detects the 61.5, 110 and 119 satellites, although signal strength is 55-65 on some transponders on the 110 satellite. Could this be the reason? Thanks.

I've got a model 6000 receiver with the 8PSK module.

It very well could be. I think you need at the very least 70 signal strength on HD channels on the 110 sat. to get a picture. You probably need to slightly adjust your dish to increase your signal strength.

styxfix said:
It very well could be. I think you need at the very least 70 signal strength on HD channels on the 110 sat. to get a picture. You probably need to slightly adjust your dish to increase your signal strength.

Since the feed is digital, you will either have pciture and sound or have nothing at all. Signal strength does not matter other than you have enough signal strength or you don't.

My question would be, Are you subscribed to the HD pack? If not, then you would get the HD demo channel, but a blank screen for the others. I would also assume no audio as well, but who knows? Do the others (Discovery HD, ESPNHD, etc... show up in the guide? If so, are they blue? or red?

Call tech support if you are subscribed to the HD pack. Because if you are, you definately have a problem.

reboot

have you tried rebooting. just hold down the power button for about 15 sec.
this has happened to me before, it should clear it up.

522 install...did I have a lazy installer?

811 @ Ces2005

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)