AT9s on Ebay already

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wouldn't trust buying any of these. Damaged, incomplete parts, STOLEN, who knows. These people should be required to show proof of legal purchase, or be turned into DirecTV; UNLESS they are legit dealers trying to drum up business.

Should we register all AT9 type dishes? Require a permit and take a test to purchase? Limit capacity to 3 LNBs? Require that an AT9 should be disassembled and the coax stored separately (in the trunk) when transporting? Limit the sale of compression RG-6 fittings around July 4th and New Years Eve? Only issue installer licenses to citizens over 21yrs old? Outlaw the AT9 in 28 States?
Bob (having fun)
charper1 said:
I wouldn't trust buying any of these. Damaged, incomplete parts, STOLEN, who knows. These people should be required to show proof of legal purchase, or be turned into DirecTV; UNLESS they are legit dealers trying to drum up business.

Well considering the complaint is that install companies have is that they can't get dishes in. Seems if any of these are non-dealers that MAYBE some are from unscrupulous installers. That & incomplete parts list were my concerns.

OK, and I should take your approach to be a separatist and stay quiet from warning SatGuys users of the dangers?

charper1 said:
OK, and I should take your approach to be a separatist and stay quiet from warning SatGuys users of the dangers?

You overstate the dangers. The guy selling them for $89 has a perfect (100%) feedback rating and I doubt he is going to ruin that record to sell inferior equipment. I ordered mine from a regular retailer and it arrived totally beat up and with parts missing, so there are no guarantees any place.

nmstough said:
You overstate the dangers. The guy selling them for $89 has a perfect (100%) feedback rating and I doubt he is going to ruin that record to sell inferior equipment. I ordered mine from a regular retailer and it arrived totally beat up and with parts missing, so there are no guarantees any place.

Yep, as an Ebay powerseller I take major offense to this guys remarks..

This guy obviously has no clue how Ebay works, and he should be sued for slander..

I would rather buy from an Ebayer with impeccible feedback than some backdoor, so called dealer anyday of the week..

no, you guys are too defensive, i was not making remarks based on that particular ebay seller AND i was stating that one should buy from a reputable & authorised DirecTV re-seller/dealer. it will/can save the end user tons of headaches IF something were to go wrong. and if you do buy from an authorised dealer you may not have 100% guarantee, but you can sure fair better in the returns/exchanges arena than from a bad ebayer.

guffy: your comments totally twist and distort anything and everything that i stated and is in no way slander; no matter how wild the imagination. You guys need to turn down the sensitivity level a notch and learn to read an entire post for exactly what it says and stop trying to input you own spin on it. I mean GEEZ, you try to warn people to just be carefull and you guys go off the freaking deep end like you are in cahoots with the sellers.

I SAID "I wouldn't trust buying any of these. Damaged, incomplete parts, STOLEN, who knows. These people should be required to show proof of legal purchase, or be turned into DirecTV; UNLESS they are legit dealers trying to drum up business.

Last edited:
charper1 said:
no, you guys are too defensive, i was not making remarks based on that particular ebay seller AND i was stating that one should buy from a reputable & authorised DirecTV re-seller/dealer. it will/can save the end user tons of headaches IF something were to go wrong. and if you do buy from an authorised dealer you may not have 100% guarantee, but you can sure fair better in the returns/exchanges arena than from a bad ebayer.

guffy: your comments totally twist and distort anything and everything that i stated and is in no way slander; no matter how wild the imagination. You guys need to turn down the sensitivity level a notch and learn to read an entire post for exactly what it says and stop trying to input you own spin on it. I mean GEEZ, you try to warm people to just be carefull and you guys go off the freaking deep end.

I SAID "I wouldn't trust buying any of these. Damaged, incomplete parts, STOLEN, who knows. These people should be required to show proof of legal purchase, or be turned into DirecTV; UNLESS they are legit dealers trying to drum up business.

I read what you said the first time, you dont need to repost it..

You have no clue what you are talking about in regards to Ebay, totally clueless..

Hey now! I thought it was interesting that the stuff is showing up on Ebay already, it was not intended to criticize Ebay sellers in any way. We didn’t expect this to turn nasty.
Bob

little dish guy said:
Hey now! I thought it was interesting that the stuff is showing up on Ebay already, it was not intended to criticize Ebay sellers in any way. We didn’t expect this to turn nasty.
Bob

I only see one person spreading word on the internet that Ebay is an unsafe place to do business, and you are not that person..

We have no problem at all :)

Most of us are not taking anything in this post against EBAY sellers, I know people that sell on there everyday .
I don't and never have, so SOME people do not trust SOME on ebay, so what thats thier opinion, so they just don't buy the item , no big deal, you guys are making WAY to much out of this.

What is a POWER SELLER ????
I have no clue .... Does that mean you cannot ever sell something with out a warrenty ?
What does happen if you have trouble, there is nothing YOU the seller can do to fix a non funtioning dish .... at least if he bought from D* or a local or online distributor he would have recorse, IF something did happen.

Let me repeat, I don't have any problem with any EBAY sellers.

Do people actually make a living by selling on EBAY ?

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Most of us are not taking anything in this post against EBAY sellers, I know people that sell on there everyday .
I don't and never have, so SOME people do not trust SOME on ebay, so what thats thier opinion, so they just don't buy the item , no big deal, you guys are making WAY to much out of this.
What is a POWER SELLER ????
I have no clue .... Does that mean you cannot ever sell something with out a warrenty ?
What does happen if you have trouble, there is nothing YOU the seller can do to fix a non funtioning dish .... at least if he bought from D* or a local or online distributor he would have recorse, IF something did happen.
Let me repeat, I don't have any problem with any EBAY sellers.
Do people actually make a living by selling on EBAY ?
Jimbo

Just forget about it pal..

Maybe I am outta line (I dont think I am at all)..

Just to answer your question though, yes, people do make a living off Ebay, and they tend to take it personally when people spew nonsense about broken, defective and stolen merchandise on Ebay as if its a common problem..

I have personally bought well over 500 items on Ebay, from laundry soap to Mustang GT's. I felt like I got ripped off once, alot less than I feel I get ripped off by online businesses and common retailers..

I have put 2 kids through college selling on Ebay, and I live way fatter than just about everyone I still know from my college days..

I will go out of my way to defend Ebay any day of the week :)

Last edited:
guffy1 said:
Yep, as an Ebay powerseller I take major offense to this guys remarks..
This guy obviously has no clue how Ebay works, and he should be sued for slander..
I would rather buy from an Ebayer with impeccible feedback than some backdoor, so called dealer anyday of the week..

I think Charper was meaning that if they are not dealers then where did they get the dishes from, are their sources legitimate, and if they are dealers, why are they selling on Ebay when there are shortages? Sure you can make good money selling on Ebay,
and almost everyone is very legit, but since you can get dishes directly from dealers,
why go to Ebay? I guess you might save a few bucks on them, but then the seller isn't making much if anything IF their suppliers are legitimate.

Chip

raoul5788 said:
I think Charper was meaning that if they are not dealers then where did they get the dishes from, are their sources legitimate, and if they are dealers, why are they selling on Ebay when there are shortages? Sure you can make good money selling on Ebay,
and almost everyone is very legit, but since you can get dishes directly from dealers,
why go to Ebay? I guess you might save a few bucks on them, but then the seller isn't making much if anything IF their suppliers are legitimate.
Chip

I would buy it from Ebay way before I would buy it from any online retailer..

Buying it direct through D* would be my first choice though..

raoul5788 said:
I think Charper was meaning that if they are not dealers then where did they get the dishes from, are their sources legitimate, and if they are dealers, why are they selling on Ebay when there are shortages?

Yes, I think this is exactly what he meant..

And I dont like it one bit :)

Its a Grade A load of misinformed/paranoid crap..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Simple answer to MPEG4 5LNB please?

Rain fade and using an old P* dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)