AT9 Dish Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
My AT9 Dish has been giving me some problems with the 110 LNB cable. It seems the little cable that connects into to the main 101 LNB has a bad connection. If I just rotate the connector wire a little, I get signal back. The 119 connection is fine. It seems if there is a high wind, or massive temp change, I loose signal from the 110.

Is there a way to tighten up the connector? It is very small.

OneBigJedi said:
My AT9 Dish has been giving me some problems with the 110 LNB cable. It seems the little cable that connects into to the main 101 LNB has a bad connection. If I just rotate the connector wire a little, I get signal back. The 119 connection is fine. It seems if there is a high wind, or massive temp change, I loose signal from the 110.

Since it's new why mess around anc just call D* to have them come out and fix or replace.

OneBigJedi said:

Hmmmm.......

While your problem is real, I *assume* that the cable description you have is incorrect.

28/30/32 from 110 are always converted to 8/10/12 and inserted on 119, thus unless they have done something very bizarre, one coax is for even and one is for odd transponders. I *assume* the coax you are having trouble with are the even transponders that would have an impact on 110 - but you should ALSO see the problem with 119 EVEN transponders.

If you are not, then it might be a bad connection in the 110/119 unit and your twisting the coax vibrates the whole thing enough to make the connection.
That doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist, but make sure your even 119s are out when the 110 transponders are out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Newbie DirecTV question - Sat1 vs Sat2 on TiVo - reception %

Q RE:Existing customers experiences with negotiating upgrades

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)