At DirecTV The Sky's the Limit

Status
Please reply by conversation.
this post isn't about copyright infringement. If this stupid conversation continues i will pm the mods to have this post locked once and for all. Personally I don't see anything wrong with posting an entire article online as long as you aren't making a profit out of it as long as you summarize it first for the people who don't feel like reading the whole article.

I am in the media business and this type of thing has been a hot topic at my company. From what our legal department has told us on several occasions is that under fair use you cannot post, e-mail or otherwise transmit an entire article - whether you paid for it or it was free. Further, it is also a violation to simply cut the lead paragragh and send a link. Under fair use law you have to paraphrase the article and provide a link. Seems stupid, but this is the second company I have worked for where we were told the same thing...

Well How do you like that!!! I posted a "Here is the Next Frontier", and somebody moved it into this mess!!! RONTGLMAO....

Now, if DirecTV begins to treat their Dealers as well as they are doing their marketing, we might all have something to crow about...

This might just be the next generation money maker for DirecTV, and without a doubt will give the Consumer more choices....

Doctor Bob said:
Well How do you like that!!! I posted a "Here is the Next Frontier", and somebody moved it into this mess!!! RONTGLMAO....
I know what you mean :D :no :shocked :smug

Most of us really don't care about the pasting of news articles, and whether or not someone will or will not take someone else to court over it... LOL We only want to talk about the "NEWS"... RONTGLMAO

And BTW, these news companies love it when you spread their article all over the internet, because that is the only way they are getting the recognition for their writings...

lee78221 said:
What other new channels are coming down the pipe?

We want to keep doing things that aren't available on TV now. For one, “sound-effect–machine noise” will be a new channel. I was reading Sky Mall on a plane one day and saw one of those sound-machine alarm clocks. I thought, “People are paying 300 bucks for this?” So I just asked our people if we can do that. We'll soon be offering a couple of channels to pick between—rain or whatever—when you go to sleep. Some of the sh*t we are talking about is so off the wall.

This nitwit wants to chase folks off of D*, doesn't he?

I wonder if the shareholders know what he's thinking. Hell, I wonder if Murdoch knows what this mouth-breather is thinking....

mhking said:
This nitwit wants to chase folks off of D*, doesn't he?

I wonder if the shareholders know what he's thinking. Hell, I wonder if Murdoch knows what this mouth-breather is thinking....
Why? i know what he is saying is kind off the wall but that tells me he is thinking out side of the box is that not good?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Is NFL Network Game of the Week in HD onD*?

Atten: South Florida D* Installers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)