dragon002

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
DONORA PA
DIRECTV Home Services News, February 16, 2006

BLAST FACTS

KA KU Multi-Switch Requirements Reminder

Please ensure that all your technicians are using the new wideband 6x8 multi-switch as required on KA KU installs. See the attached for more detailed information.

As a reminder, the KA KU Installation training video will air at the top of the hour, and the new HDTV Overview video will air at the bottom of the hour on channel 578 all next week.

I believe there is a good picture of the new multi-switch you are talking about in the pictures of my install. It has a gold sticker on it, unlike the one used for the 3 LNB dish did.

eric,

i still want to know why all the ground wires on the M/S, no ground block,,,,,right!!!???

It is grounded in 2 places, a 12 inch line to the mast (burried 10 feet in the ground in cement) and a 60 foot line to the ground rod. Like most things I do 2 is always better than 1 or as my wife says about me "overkill is allmost enough".
Guess its the ADD and OCD kickin in!!!

Dragon well it actually goes a bit further than that, My service drops overhead to the garages(ground rod there) main box on a pole with 100 amp into the garages. While 200 amp goes into the house underground, 60 feet away, with another ground rod there. and the dish is 45 feet at the other end of the house (took 60 feet of wire to make the homeerun). So i guess im just anal about my stuff.

Doctor Bob said:
Good Photos Eric... As long as you have followed the NEC and your Bonding is secure, you will never have any problems with Static... LOL

the one on the mast is held with a self taping screw, and the one on the ground rod is held with a "football" clamp.

eric - what are the two flexports on the wb68 used for ? I was under the impression that on 4 lines ran into the house from the at9 dish

I have 7 recievers in the house, and the lines were already ran out to the old switch at that location. so they hooked the new one up there. The 2 flewports are hooked up to the original "local" 18 inch dish.

so the flexports just pass on the signal - ie they dont lock the lnb polarity or generate the 22khz tone like the other ports?

dragon

Im not sure on this but since they left my old 18 inch dish up I asume it is ponting to the 72.5 sat for locals. Is this the case for youngstown locals?

tate,

i really HOPE that was a joke!!!!!

the best sport is AMERICAN FOOTBALL.

PERIOD.

and the rest of the planet can kiss our a^^

the superbowl was watched by a quarter of the worlds population.

soccer and the olympics ....well to paraphrase arnold, girlie men.

Curling has been the best of the Olympics this time around, Lets face it US hockey sucked from the start. So glad Canada blew it also so we do not have to hear it from them!

As for most popular sports, soccer(futbol) during a world-cup year and Formula one racing the other years. But yes, the super bowl is the highest rated TV show of the year, while the Indy 500 is the largest single day spectator sport (people at the event).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hd ota from directv

HD Reciever Rebate Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)