Asianet Service from Globecast on HTPC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mentor561

Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
Hello,

As you can see from my post count I am new here and was looking for information.
I live in the US in Boston to be specific. I have a subscription service with Globecast world TV to receive Asianet and some other ethnic channels.
Globecast has provided me with a dish, a set top box receiver and a subscription card. I insert the subscription card in a slot in the receiver to be able to watch these channels. There are some channels that are free and do not require this card.
I am in the process of building an HTPC to hopefully replace my Globecast box , DVD player and standard def TIVO.

What I am looking for is a TV tuner card that can accept the asianet subscription card and allow me to watch and record my channels and other free channels through my HTPC.

Could you reccomend such a card that I can buy here in the us ?
From my research I understand that I need to get
1) DVB PC Tuner
2) CAM Module
Please make reccomendations on both. I would prefer the card be PCIE rather than PCI.

Thanks in advance for you help and sorry for the newby question. I searched but could not find anything definitive.

Thanks

Last time I looked, Globecast used Nagravision subscription cards.
They are not subscribable in foreign hardware (receivers).
The only receivers which can get their signal (and unscramble it) are the -modest- receivers they supply.
... and I've heard some pretty strong words used about 'em , by unhappy users.

Getting the non-subscription channels is not a problem on a PC-card based receiver.

Anole,
Thank You very much for your response.
That would be a pity indeed if it was still true. To think that real paying customers would not be able to access their subscription outside their own box.
I hope somebody has worked around this and if so please let me know.

Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

USB Tuner that does S2

I am interested in FTA ,so I have a few questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)