Area code 18301 blacked out of Devils vs Pittsburgh tonight

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jimgm

Original poster
Nov 4, 2010
PA 18301
I live in area code 18301. I have MSG and MSG+ and I also forced to purchase the Center Ice package. Tonight's Devils game is on the NHL channel 215 and it is blacked out on all of the channels. Shouldn't Direct TV get it right and make it available on at least one channel? I am very dissatisfied with DTV.

It's a national game on NHL Network (215), meaning it has to be blacked out on everything but 215 no matter what your zip code. It's the same way with the Versus and NBC national games. These are NHL rules, nothing to do with DirecTV. If 215 is blacked out for you, then there is a glitch in your account and you'll have to refresh. I'm watching it just fine.

The NHLN screws alot of people with their stupid blackouts.Years ago,all 3 NY/NJ NHL teams had blackout codes published on the MSGTV website.You knew if you were going to get the game or not.Only the Rangers' codes are shown now.I remember the teams only showed "X" amount of games outside of the local viewing area into upstate NY/PA/CT & S Jersey.I don't know if that still holds true for the Devils ?

It doesn't really 'screw' anyone. You just watch it on NHLN. Just like when it's on Versus or NBC. It's not like when we had to deal with the Metro Channel debacle (before MSG+2) where you had games of all 3 teams that would overflow onto the Metro Channel, but because that was a 'Cablevision exclusive' channel, satellite providers couldn't get it except for out-of-market CI packages. So if you were a D* Center Ice subscriber in NJ, and there was a Devils, Rangers or Islanders game that got bumped to Metro, there was absolutely no way to watch that game. Because the channel that carried it was not available on D*, and it was considered and "In-Market" game under the Center Ice, you were totally blacked out. Now when they overflow it goes to MSG+2, which is available as an alternate on D*.

I don't know if there are any other markets that actually suffer from overflow, so people outside the NY/NJ area might not even know about the problems it causes. (But I don't know if Dish ever resolved their spat with Cablevision, so their NY/NJ subs still may not have MSG/MSG+/MSG+2 at all, and just like Metro, wouldn't be able to get the home feed on CI).. I don't know if you're actually in Flyers territory, but again its the same crap with CSN in the Philly market. You can only get home feeds from CSN Philly on Center Ice if you are outside their territory

The only thing that sucks when it's on NHLN is it's their announcers not your normal home announcers.

Last edited:
I get screwed EVERY time the FLYERS are on the NHLN.They have a larger blackout than the CI channels.There are many other people over in central PA who have the same problem with their Blackouts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Downgrading package and Free HD for Life?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts