Are more coax's needed for my install?

firematt382

Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Coarsegold, Ca.
Hi all,

I'm moving over from Directv and looking at getting a DuoDVR VIP 722k. My house currently has 3 coax wires running to the tvs, one wire to each tv. I have a tv in the living room, one in a bedroom, and one tv in the garage. They all meet at the point where the satellite is installed. Running a new coax wire on outside walls of the house is out of the question, and they can't be run inside the walls without major work (two story house). Can the signal for the tv2(tv in bedroom) be backfed through the same wire that the dvr is receiving it's signal from(living room)? Also, can I split that signal to tv2 to run the third tv(garage tv)? I don't care if the garage tv has to be on the same channel as one of the other tvs, it's hardly ever used. The living room tv is HD, bedroom is SD, and garage is HD. I don't care about losing the HD signal in the garage, it's a tiny tv anyways.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

You only need 1 coax drop at each TV. The signal to TV2 is back-fed to a small Splitter=like device that will feed TV2. I'm not certain, but I think you could split the signal to TV2 and view it on your garage TV. In any event SD is all you will get on the TV2 output. All of Dish's DVR's output SD only to TV2

Yes for both, you will only need:

a diplexer and 2-way splitter at cable junction

a diplexer and separator at rec

Looks like 622 & 722k ready for GoogleTV, but not 612

722 plastic panels on front of receiver bubbling up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)