Anyone uses DP710 DiSEqC Controller?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

air88

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
It sounds I can use this box (DP710 DiSEqC Controller http://www.dmsiusa.com/dp710.htm ) to rotate big C band dish instead of expensive 4DTV receiver. I can use Fortec receiver with an old analog receiver to get all the signals which 4DTV get (?)

Anyone uses it now or have experience?

i havent used that positioner yet, i am getting ready to order one soon. I can answer your question on the 4dtv. You will get all of the DVB stuff off of your fortec, and all the analog/subscription stuff off of the analog box (assuming you have a vcII module installed) but you will NOT get the digicipher II stuff that the 4dtv picks up.

Now the problem is that you still have to use the analog box to control polarity (if you are using a polarotor) because the fortec will not do that. If you get a cband lnbf tho, you will be fine with the fortec, you just wont pick up ku band on your big dish.

Thanks for your information.

drhydro said:
Now the problem is that you still have to use the analog box to control polarity (if you are using a polarotor) because the fortec will not do that. If you get a cband lnbf tho, you will be fine with the fortec, you just wont pick up ku band on your big dish.
Would you please detail this? Or any info online?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fortec Lifetime Ultra Scanning

PANSAT 3500S - anyone got a chance to play with one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)