Anybody in Georgia notice tax added to bill

knotle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
georgia
When i received my bill this week, it had a state tax added to it. It is about 1.1% of the total bill. I have searched and been unable to find where the state has added this tax to be collected. Does anyone in ga. have any info about this? Thanks

Often times it is sales tax on additional receiver and/or DVR fees. Usually a cableco lobbyist complains (or gets new legislation written) and starts forcing Dish to collect the tax. Sucks, but it is not Dish's fault. They do not keep the money.

Yeah, but sometimes Dish just seems to add tax for no reason. I'm in Illinois which has no tax on anything to do with what Dish provides, yet a couple of times a year, a tax line will show up on my bill. Then I email, and a credit appears along the way to take care of it, and the tax disappears yet again.

I live in Georgia and am charged 7% (which is our state tax rate) on the DVR fee for a total of 42 cents. I used to subscribe annually to the America's Top 120 (never hit with tax there) and continued to receive a bill each month for $6.42. :) (Fees such as DVR or TV2 cannot be paid annually although you could multiply the fee by 12 and send it in for a credit on the account). The tax accounts for about 1.3% of the total bill.

I live in Georgia and am charged 7% (which is our state tax rate) on the DVR fee for a total of 42 cents. I used to subscribe annually to the America's Top 120 (never hit with tax there) and continued to receive a bill each month for $6.42. :) (Fees such as DVR or TV2 cannot be paid annually although you could multiply the fee by 12 and send it in for a credit on the account). The tax accounts for about 1.3% of the total bill.

Thinks for the info. I will contact Dish because i do not have a dvr, only one 222k.

Alabama does not have a satellite tax, but I get taxed on all of Dish's "fees" the extra receiver fee, the dvr fee, the service plan fee, etc...

I have 90 cents added to my bill. Funny thing is I have Comcast for internet. The have an offer to bump my internet speed from 15 to 30 at no cost if I sign up for basic cable. My first bill after upgrading comes and they added tax to it for the internet. Oh well the 1.42 I pay in taxes get me double th speed and a weekly subscription the Gwinnett newspaper lol Cheaper than subbing for the paper.

Will Dish be sold to AT&T?

VIP922 vs Tivo and Set up of TV2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)