Any space on 68.5

bdemz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Is there any space for HD on 68.5? If so why doesn't dish use this for HD temporarily?

where is 68.5?

I'm assuming you mean 61.5, which is pretty full right now
61.5 is shared by 3 companies
-Voom
-Dish
-Sky Angel

There is one TP avaiable (16) that could fit 2 HD channels

IceBerg,

Echostar and Rainbow don't share satellites at the 61.5 slot, just like Echostar and DirecTV don't share satelilites at the 119 and 110 slots. Each company have their own satellites at the almost same location. The Rainbow bird is located @ 61.61W and the Echostar bird is located @ 61.42, but they round it off to 61.5.

Hope this helps!

Thanks may I have another

I meant 61.5 just freaked out.

If Voom is already on 61.5 why doesn't Dish contract with them to provide the HD portion of their programming.

Why does DISH assets share the sat. with a competitor?

WJMorales said:
IceBerg,

Echostar and Rainbow don't share satellites at the 61.5 slot, just like Echostar and DirecTV don't share satelilites at the 119 and 110 slots. Each company have their own satellites at the almost same location. The Rainbow bird is located @ 61.61W and the Echostar bird is located @ 61.42, but they round it off to 61.5.

Hope this helps!

I know they dont share the same satellite, but the same spot.

There are only 32 TP's to go between 3 companies :)

bdemz said:
I meant 61.5 just freaked out.

If Voom is already on 61.5 why doesn't Dish contract with them to provide the HD portion of their programming.

Why does DISH assets share the sat. with a competitor?

They all use different technology to encrypt the signal and none are compatible right now with each other.

Iceberg,

You correct. To help out our friend. Sky Anglel is the thrid company which has Transponders assignment @ 61.5, that leaves only 2 Transponder which are not assigned to anyone at this moment.

any ClubDish members want to refer me?

Closed Captions on ESPN-HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)