Any other 942 users get an email from Eng dept ?

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
Got an generic email from Dish's Software Engineering dept today. They're looking for feedback about my experiences with the 942 over this coming weekend.

If any problems try to note the channel number and time of occurence. They'd also like to know signal strength.

They've had reports that recorded events appeared to be much worse than live event and are looking for confirmation of this.

He went on to apologize for any problems we've had and stated they're "working hard to correct them".

Sounds like they're at least trying to stay on top of this.

No love letters nor USB drives from E* over here Walt...I must not be one of their special customers. The only e-mail I received from E* was eStatement Reminder to pay my bill. :rolleyes: Anyway, if E* is monitoring this thread you can make it the de facto standard and we can post our experiences right here.

Just for historical purposes, without going into features my 942 has been rock solid (only a single lock-up/reboot in 5 months of operation). However, this past week I had two minor problems: (don't recall dates or times, but they were post L2.81)

1. When I flipped to FNC a day or two ago, there was a slight delay in the picture. It was like the video would stutter for a moment and then run fast to catch up. This was very noticible since there was a scrolling text bar running along the bottom of the screen. I flipped to one or two other channels and noticed similar problems. I then watched an OTA channel for a period of time and when I flipped back the problem has corrected itself. The audio did not appear to be affected during this time...and the OTA channels operated normally.

2. The afternoon L2.81 spooled and was downloaded the my 942, the receiver all of a sudden displayed a screen full of static...similar to a poor ATSC signal, but the static pattern was much more dense. The only thing I remember is that it was on a Dish Network channel (not OTA) and my hands were free and clear of the remote. I was unable to change channels or correct the situation. This went on for about 30 seconds and, just as I was able to pull the power cord, the channel popped back online and the 942 returned to normal operation. The skies were sunny and I had just repeaked 61.5 (sl: 106-110) and 110/119 are rock-solid, plus, during this 30 second time-frame the 942 was completely unresponsive.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth. Other than a couple hickups I haven't had to reboot the receiver and it appears to be operating normally (make several recordings the past two days).

I saw that same problem about two days ago.. my 942 has been acting sooo wierd lately... I have also been getting alot of pixolation on sat channels expecally ComCast Sports net and CBS HD, Sound acts up some times the opical works and some times it doesnt... Expecally when flipping from OTA to sat. I have seen it reboot for no reason for sence L280.... I was happy untill recently

Purogamer said:
Reply back and tell them you'll get back to them as soon as your Directv Installer finishes his work...
So what...we can watch 5-6 channels of watered down HD? Thanks, but no thanks! Maybe when D* can get their birds in-the-air and starts offering full bitrate HD (other than locals that are not needed by me), then perhaps I'll give D* a call. Of course, Verizon FiOS should be rolling into town by that time, so I had better be able to rent three low-cost HD DVRs or a low-cost Whole Home Networking solution.

Is Satellite 61.5 not working any more?

dish 64 switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)