Another Question about Spotbeams

MTUTEFAN

Original poster
Oct 6, 2004
I have a Dishpro 500 system and live in Northern Montana. It's a standard 20" dish. I am interested in the Salt Lake City local channels and I also know that I'm approximately 250 miles outside the regular spotbeam area (119 West Transponder 9.) The question I have is this: Is there any possible chance of locking onto the signal for transponder 9 by using a larger dish (a patriot 48" for example) maybe in combination with a line amplifier? A while ago some guy suggested i get a spectrum analyzer to scan the sky for a possible signal but, in this part of the world spectrum analyzers are hard to come by. Am I just dreaming about getting the spotbeam signal or is it worth buying a larger dish and trying it out?

It would be difficult being that many miles outside the spotbeam to get it. I dont know if a 10' dish would work

Even if you could somehow get the signal, you can't order SLC locals because you're not in their DMA. That is, of course, unless you "move."

SLC Address is no problemo

My brother lives in the salt lake market so the as far as Dish network is concerned with the address, it shouldn't be a problem.

I heard a rumor once that people in southern Alberta use SLC as their address and get their locals. I haven't been able to verify it, but that's what I heard.

how do you hookup a 811 HD receiver to a tivo?

New 811 - A few observations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)