another Diplexer question

dishingout

Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
Hi,

I just got my vip622 install this weekend. The installer ran a single cable to the vip622 and used a "Diplexer" I guess to go into TV1 and TV2 of the vip.

My question is this :-

I have a dp301 receiver that I would like to use on the same TV, but I don;t want to run another cable from the switch to the receiver.

Since the receiver is in the same location as the vip622 receiver, can I use a "diplexer" to hookup to the switch and then another one to split right before the vip622 and run one cable to the 301 and one to the 622 ?

I hope I explained it properly.

Thanks

Diplexers are used to combine UHF/VHF/CATV with Satellite signals. You can't combine two satellite signals. Sorry but you'll need to run a cable from the switch to the receiver.

In addition to what RandallA says....
The installer ran a single cable to the vip622 and used a "Diplexer" I guess to go into TV1 and TV2 of the vip.
When you use a single cable to feed TV1 and TV2 on a ViP 622, the gadget that separates the signal is a "DP Separator", and will only work on DishPro Plus or Dual Tuner Receivers. Note that they will work, but the DP Separator is different than a splitter or diplexer.

You can not use the DP Separator to feed two separate single tuner receivers.

EDIT:
I see the above was your first post, Scott will send the band out later to welcome you :D , but in the meantime, welcome.

I'm sure there are some others on the forum that are wondering why you would like 3 satellite tuners on one TV.

Since it is your 1st post, maybe you are new with the ViP 622 and not familiar with it. There is a lot of help for it, including on the Dish Network HD Forum. However, the ViP 622 can provide Picture in Picture while in Single Mode, or you can put it in Dual Mode, and feed two inputs on your TV if it has Picture in Picture, while at the same time feeding both TV1 and TV2 outputs throughout your home distribution system.

It took me 3 or 4 days before I figure out my 622 was shipped in Single Mode, and that I needed to push the button behind the right cover to switch to Dual Mode and get all of the functions.

Last edited:
2 receivers

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm actually new to the vip receivers, I need the second IRD because I usually record 2 shows at the same time while watching another.

I used to have a dual tuner comcast cable box and the 301. I used the comcast for my HD shows and recording, and the dish for watching while I'm recording.

I'm suprised that there nothing can be used to accomplish this. I guess I will have to climb my roof and run another cable.

dishingout said:
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm actually new to the vip receivers, I need the second IRD because I usually record 2 shows at the same time while watching another.

The 622 can already do this by itself assuming you connect an OTA antenna and one of those 3 shows is on an OTA channel.

Electronics checked out here.

Couple 622 questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)