AMC9 Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
Didn't know how to entitle this thread...........When I check a particular transponder on AMC9 such as the one that Ohio News is on I do a trans. scan the channel appears on the screen. However, I check other transponders and I'll get fairly strong signals on a few other, but when I scan those trans. I get 0 channels detected (or whatever it says).

So, did my receiver get the flu, or is this normal that you would get a signal on a transponder but then scan it you get the old 0 channels detected???

I see that alot where there is a hot transponder, and I get great quality, but there are no channels scanned in.

I believe it's normal.

It could be data or HD feeds.

Someone with stream analyzer could tell you exactly.

When you scan a transponder and it doesn't come up, depending on the settings on your reciever they could be encrypted channels and they won't scan in. There are also data feeds of various sorts as well. You will get a lock but nothing will scan. With a PCI card you can use TSReader software to tell you what you are looking at. It will break down the mux and display pid's and all sorts of info.

main reasons a TP will show no channels

-its DCII encryption
-data
-enough signal to ping on the scan but not enough to get that channel

Tell you what, next time I see that type of thing happen, I will pop open TSReader and see what it shows. Can you remember any TP I can use as an example?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

This past Saturday's CFL game on RTN

mpeg4?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)