AMC 5 -- new question from old ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hammer328

Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
I posted a while ago and now I think i am ready... I have a Pantec 2500 ultra and a Channel Mater 31" dish Ku
Not sure of the terms as I am a newbe and we want AMC 5 for the free horse racing channels..... We played today as a buddy of mine was on the roof basing his aiming of the dsih from a neighbors DTV... i hit blind scan and it found what i guess were channels and music -- the music worked so i know the dish and receiver both work... It said Echostar on most of th channels and when i hit ok it said waiting for picture 20% 60% 110% 200 % just kept going and some said scrambled. I know this was not amc 5.... i have no idea where to aim this sucker.. i have heard 79 west but i live in newjersey and i face south... dtv was faced south west so we aimed west.... I have no i dea how to set up the receiver as it came with no instructions.... what do iset LNB on .. standard ?
ZZKHZ off ?? / Diseq off ?? / Skew -45 (was already on there)
etc? --- i am a real rookie with tons of help needed.... am i close or just give up ?
Any help on pointing this dish and setting up this pantec receiver for AMC 5 --- this is the only feed i am looking for and on the net it seems like everyone can find it by adccident.... lol --- not me.,........... PLEASE HELP!!!

Here is a webpage with a satfinfer software you can download, it comes in handy.
http://vps.arachnoid.com/satfinder/
You will want to pickup a compass to help you and remember, do not stand near anything metal (dish, pole) when you use your compass.
It sounds like you were on sat 119 (echostar with free music)
what kind of LNB ?
disq OFF
22k ? (LNB type)
Don't give up, your first time trying to find a sat will drive you crazy, it does it to everyone. you may want to get one of the cheap sat finders from one of the gold sponsors, it comes in handy and their really cheap. take your time in the setup and read about the mistakes that the rest of us have made over the years in this forum.
it will help you in the long run.:)
rdel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Are some E* sats Ku (linear)?

What is a 4:2:2 digital feed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts