adding an ehd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

larryf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
am i right in thinking i can connect an ehd to a hr24 and increase the amount of recording time? will these recordings be availble on all tvs with the whole house system?does this work anything like it does on the DISH receivers? are there any drawbacks? thanks for any feedback.

it will replace the hd in the reciever, you will not be able to access both, just he ehd

as noted it replaces the hard drive in the unit.
If the receiver fries out, the recordings on the EHD are lost as you cannot move it from receiver to receiver
yes you can access it from any room if you have MRV

I recently added an H24 DVR and I plugged in an external drive before I even powered it up. Is there any way I can make sure it using this drive instead of they internal drive? I don't want to unplug it and risk losing the recordings I have.

I recently added an H24 DVR and I plugged in an external drive before I even powered it up. Is there any way I can make sure it using this drive instead of they internal drive? I don't want to unplug it and risk losing the recordings I have.

You won't lose the recordings unless you reset the dvr. Record something, check to be sure it's in the recorded list, then remove the ehd and see if it is still there.

You won't lose the recordings unless you reset the dvr. Record something, check to be sure it's in the recorded list, then remove the ehd and see if it is still there.

Wait a minute ...
From the sounds of THIS post (the way I read it) this sub had a EHD that had shows on it and wants to put it on a different recvr.
In THIS scenario, it WOULD reformat when it gets connected and the reboot process takes place.

He WOULD lose his recording in this case.

Wait a minute ...
From the sounds of THIS post (the way I read it) this sub had a EHD that had shows on it and wants to put it on a different recvr.
In THIS scenario, it WOULD reformat when it gets connected and the reboot process takes place.

He WOULD lose his recording in this case.

If he wants to use it on another dvr, you are absolutely right Jimbo, it will reformat itself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NYC locals in SD only?

Slimline5 - HR-24 and no HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)