Adding a DSS to my C/Ku BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
Guys, I have a Chaparral Corrotor II C/Ku band 10 feet BUD. All working great. I need to add a special DSS Directv for LatinAmerica LNB to my set up. I DO NOT want to loose any of my current setup, so I want to strap/add the DSS lnb to my setup.

1) Has anybody done something similar? WHat will be the best way to do it?
2) Will it make a huge different that the DSS will NOT be in the exact middle (because the current C/Ku feedhorn is there already)

Thanks for any help.

I don't really know, but I would strap it onto the east/west invisible travel plane. So, your north/south plane shouldn't be effected and you might be lucky enough to only have to bump it a tad to hit the sat you desire. I'm sure someone on here has already tried this, so maybe they will chime in and be more help.

Al

I drilled a hole in my scalar ring and stuffed a circular lnbf inside worked great though I have not used it in over a year.

Tdit1, you said you drill a hole in your scalar ring. I was thinking on doing something similar.

Is your DSS inside the Cone (the Cone Cover that covers the lnbs) or is it in the outside? I was thinking it has to be poiting to the center of the dish and exposed in the outside just as it is in the small dishes? Because if I put it someway in the inside then the scalar ring will block the signal coming from the dish, right?

I have another question, I want to try to get Dtv Latinamerica on G 3C. When I see in Lyngsat for the footprint it just says Latinamerica. Is there another place I can check to see the real footprint map for it?

kelleyga said:
I have another question, I want to try to get Dtv Latinamerica on G 3C. When I see in Lyngsat for the footprint it just says Latinamerica. Is there another place I can check to see the real footprint map for it?

You can see small versions of the coverage maps at SatcoDX Galaxy 3C.

Don't waste too much time trying, unless you have a very large dish (7 plus meters) you probably won't get anything. If you are in Key West, you might have a better chance of getting something.

Great, I got some ideas from there for sure, thanks PBS.

MKM4, thanks for the info. In there it looks like only covers southamerica. That will be the case for Dtv Brazil but not for Dtv Latinamerica as it should also cover central america (costa rica, honduras, guatemala, etc). I am just wondering if I could get it here in Tampa (for a local channel from Costa Rica). The problem is that they use a Low Band DSS LNB (as explained to my by Iceberg) and the LNBs from here in the USA are not the same. So I do not know where to find one that can get the Low DSS signals. Any ideas?

The hightech store has scalar rings with DSS and Ku LNBFs, I just found them a few days ago. (Google for "hightech scalar dss", it'll be the first match...soon I'll be able to post links ;) )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kuiltv

My Pansat 3500 doesn't have "Nudge"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)