Add on LNBF for big dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RLDSL

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Is it possible to cheap out and just take a small dish KU LNBF and clamp it onto the framework of my BUD ( and yes, it has the small holes ) so I can pickup the KU band , or do I HAVE to fork out the cash for a double feed horn and new LNB setup?

Thanks-----------Robert

Has been done, I just saw a picture of one yesterday, I would give it a try and tell US how you get on, if I see the picture I will post it here! Good Luck!

Next big question is, should I get a standars one and mount it right in the center next to the c band LNBF or should I try one for an offset dish and mount it half way down one of the braces?

Also would a universal LNBF gain me anything ( or cause more problems )?

And just out of curiosity, would a direct tv DSS type LNBF work , or are those things only good for their intended use ( I know where there's a used one cheap...$10 with the reciever and dish, although I have no Idea what I'd do with the rest of that stuff ) ?

Thanks--------Robert

The picture I seen yesterday had the DirecTV LNB strapped near the C band lnb pointing towards the focal point of the dish, I would go for the $10 LNB you seen and try a few experiments, still trying to find that picture I seen!

RLDSL said:
Next big question is, should I get a standars one and mount it right in the center next to the c band LNBF or should I try one for an offset dish and mount it half way down one of the braces?
Thanks--------Robert

It is my understanding that it should be mounted to the left or right of the C-Band LNBF. Since the elevation is a fixed value, putting the Ku lnb down on the arm for an offset would not work. The whole dish would have to be dropped in elevation and then you would lose your C-band.

Its easier to adjust left/right since that is the axis your BUD moves on anyway.

That makes sense. It should be pretty east to attach the thing.

----------Robert

Thanks for the picture.
I guess my idea of making a bracket out of plumbers tape will look downright custom next to that black elecktric tape :)
Off to the perminant yard sale tomorrow to see if those folks still have the used LNBF and other stuff.

------Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Looking for FTA FAQ links.

Totally Frustrated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)