activation fee

Status
Please reply by conversation.

snailbiscuit

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
kentucky
Under what circumstances does directv require the $50 activation fee? I am in the process of signing up online and can't get a direct answer. I already have to pay a $200 security deposit, so the extra $50 might be a deal breaker if I had to pay it too. Thanks in advance for any info you can give!

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are asking about. The $200 deposit you will get back at the rate of $10/mo. from Directv. The activation fee is a new one on me I would have to guess it is from your dealer for not passing the credit check.

No you no longer have to pay the fee to directv. At one time Directv did make some people pay a 50 dollar fee at the time of activation because they done the credit check after the installation was complete. There is no telling how many I had to uninstall because of this.

Sometimes a retailer will have an activation fee. Our company charges 29.99 for processing fee/activation fee. If you are signing up online through DTV you should not have to pay that. Not for sure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv on houseboat

Interactive Receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)