Activating two Hoppers

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Does anyone know if you would have any issues downloading two Hoppers at the same time or do you need to download one then download the other? We are trying to speed up our upgrade process by having the receivers downloaded in the office first so the installer doesn't have to wait in the customer's home for so long.

I dont have that experience with Dish, but when I had D*, I am pretty sure that I had multiple HRs download and setup at the same time. It may be different with the Hoppers, but I do not know why it would be.

Does anyone know if you would have any issues downloading two Hoppers at the same time or do you need to download one then download the other? We are trying to speed up our upgrade process by having the receivers downloaded in the office first so the installer doesn't have to wait in the customer's home for so long.

It shouldn't cause any issue. Of course you don't want to connect the Joeys until the Hoppers are done with their process since the Joey SW is downloaded during the Hopper activation process.

I know we need to wait before we do the Joeys but couldn't remember if it made a difference with the Hoppers. I didn't think it would. Now we can have them download here before our tech goes out on the job and he can save some time in the customers house. Yesterday he was at a customer's house for 3 hours waiting for the Hopper with Sling to download. He ended up leaving it and later in the day it finally finished the download.

We download all of the Hoppers at the shop the day before the install. Then once we are on the job site I just hook up to the node, the Hopper does it thing and brings up the screen to activate. Has helped me so I don't have to wait at the job site for the Hoppers. Once the account is activated I do a check switch just to make sure the set up for job site is correct. Then start in on joeys and good to go. It has help save some time onsite but I still think it is a slow process doing H/J installs.

I had 2 hoppers installed today, at the same time. The only problem was they both hung up on the guide download, one at 15% the other at 95%. I finally got tired of waiting and rebooted them, then they downloaded the guide in what seemed like the normal time for a guide download. They are flaky on setting a recording but I assume after it reboots tonight that will straighten out. I gave him the info on the cold wx/duo node problem. He said the wharehouse (Fargo, I think) had a whole bunch of duo's but none with a black dot. He did put on a new LNB as my old one was on the list so I should be ok.

I know we need to wait before we do the Joeys but couldn't remember if it made a difference with the Hoppers. I didn't think it would. Now we can have them download here before our tech goes out on the job and he can save some time in the customers house. Yesterday he was at a customer's house for 3 hours waiting for the Hopper with Sling to download. He ended up leaving it and later in the day it finally finished the download.

Th hours to download is highly unusual. Was it stuck in the download screen of the install wizard?

Vivek

Hopper w/Sling 61.5/119 installation instructions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts