A Wii Bit Of A Problem

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Seems some Wii's are having a slight problem. Its made way to the forums and the phone lines are busy. That does not sound too good. Thankfully I have not seen one post at any of the 5 forums that I go to about PS3's messing up.

"Apparently the systems in question began exhibiting problems immediately after downloading updates from the WiiConnect 24 service. Specifically, the systems begin giving out the error code "110213." Several of the posters reported getting through to Nintendo's customer service, only to be told that the problem couldn't be fixed from their end and the consoles would need to be sent in to Nintendo for repairs at the company's expense."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25165823&sid=6162201

laff, that sucks. Is dish doing their updates now?

The only PS3 problems I have seen other than what has already been posted in articles like the NYtimes is that EVERY Kiosk I have seen in a store with a PS3 is locked up and the workers have to pull the plug to reset it. Not sure if it's a kiosk setup problem or not. Just an observation of local stores PS3 displays.

Yeah, it's always there, machines fail. But as far as I see from the N forum we're talking about machines in the dozens, perhaps a hundred machines range - out of 600,000 it's not a bad ratio, I think and N sends you a new one immediately and you can just return the bad one afterwards.

Hooked up the Wii Friday night....

Since I didn't have a free wired ethernet line port on my Linksys router, I had to get a range extender to fill in the dead spot in my media room, so I could use the wireless connection. It occasionally had trouble finding the connection, but retrying usually got it to see it the second time (it said green on the signal strength indicator).

It was a LOOONG system update (something like 20 minutes), but everything eventually worked fine. Downloaded the N64 Super Mario 64 game with 1000 of the 2000 points card I bought. Worked OK, but used the GameCube controller for it....

The Bowling game on Wii Sports is the fun app......

The wife is tickled pink that the kids are getting winded playing the thing. Exercise for the couch potatoes always a big hit with her. Can't find any extra controllers anywhere though..... I'm surprised they screwed that aspect up.... When the 360 came out, the consoles were in short supply, but wireless controllers were plentiful....

Memory Stick Difference

Ps3 20gb On Sale Now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)