A Real Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wholeshoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Here is a real dish a Simulsat. It can get up to 35 satellites simultaneously both C and Ku I believe.

Thought some of you might find it interesting.

Wholeshoe

Attachments

• Simulsat.jpg
    Simulsat.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 238
That is one of the new breed of commercial toroidial dishes. Small cable companies are using these and hopefully a quality smaller version will start to make their way into home use. Not the one from Wave Frontier.

Perhaps that is the future of satellite, special dish antenna's that will allow multiple orbital slots to be received with smaller reflectors, new satellites (with newer technology) and spacing the satellites closer together.

The particular dish in the picture is used by a cable system who has to look at aroung 10-12 satellites to provide their programming.

Some cable guys perfer individual dishes to get programming, with them you get less adjacent satellite interference and do not affect other sats when woring on the dish. There are also multibeam satellite dishes that will get from 1 to 6 satellites on a traditional dish. It is all user preference.

If you want one of these for Chirstmans PSB you had better have a fat wallet. They go for 60-80K depending on options and that doesn't include installation. I have no desire to point one....

I once spent about 4 hrs of laying on the ground yelling suggestions to a guy in the bucket truck on how to switch the feeds around after working 24 hrs straight to get a cable system back online. We had some bad info on which sat was on which cable and were trying to straighten it out so we could get the people all of their channels. It was not a morning/afternoon I will soon forget. I learned my lesson about pre planning and not trusting some one elses info. But anyway it all worked out in the end and the people had their tv to watch.

Wholeshoe

"60-80K"

I will stick with the picture for now : ) I sure would like to work with the BIGGER dish!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cybertenna A flat dish for KU

Horizion to Horizion Motor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)