97w Ga19 (Libya)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
This is timely. Libya is back on the air after months of darkness: 12146 V 22000 PIDS: V2072 A2082 P2072 FEC 3/4 SID 811; scans as Libya Al Wataniya

I seen that it has been off for a while. Also to go along with that I heard something about the Syria tv going out cause of there civil war anyone know more about that?

Dan Rose

I've been passing casually through Syria TV and Syrian Drama channels, and haven't noticed any blackouts yet. Although when international pressure was on, I did notice on one particular day that they suspended their regular programming on both channels for what seemed to be propaganda (showed military training, buildings supposedly destroyed by rebels, etc.). I say "seemed," because I don't have any knowledge of Arabic :(

(The old name for Libya under Gadafi was Jamahiriya, which is what the channel scanned as previously).

The folks at Nilesat have removed all Syrian channels from their satellite, and are hoping that Arabsat does the same, which would then result in no Syrian TV getting to Europe or the Americas. Justification by Nilesat was that they felt that the Syrian government was using the state-controlled media to coordinate the mass murder of civilians, and that by pulling the plug, perhaps the result would be for the general improvement of the situation.

Thanks, Mike. So far, Syrian TV and Syria Drama are still up on Galaxy 19 so no decision yet by Arabsat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

4 Fixed Dish KU System. (Need Help, Your ideas)

PR mux on 99W

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)