97W Excel-based channel guide almost ready

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
So, I've been working on a little project over the past few months for In-the-clear Galaxy 19 (97 W) Ku-band channels. Channels come and go frequently on this one, so it's hard to keep track of what's there. Some people won't find it so useful, but basically I have created a spreadsheet based on a blind scan of the satellite with the microHD. It is broken down like this:

Channel (the channel number that appears if you delete your channel list and do a fresh scan)
Transponder (Freq, Pol, Symbol Rate)
Channel Label (What appears as the Channel name on your screen)
Station (Actual channel name, if known)
Lang (Primary Language used -- if some English programming is occasionally used, this is marked with "English*" after the primary language)
Country (Believed Country of origin)
Content (Type of programming)
Uplink location (my best guess of the location)
TV Listing (If a schedule has been found, this links directly to the program guide when you click on the link. If not, an alternative address is provided which either contains program information or the main website)
Full Description/Notes (Description of purpose of station from website, if found. If not, best guess of station's mission).

I have doubts about some of the uplink locations and also a few of the physical locations of the stations. Any corrections would be appreciated (as well as any categories you'd like to see added). I hope to keep the list updated every week or two. Unfortunately, I can't make a Titan-TV type guide that shows what programs come on at what time, but it's handy to have the guides that are available with links from a single document. I just wanted to make sure it would be ok to post this here.

Now active at this link: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/300078-Galaxy-19-(97W)-Ku-band-Channel-Guide

Last edited:
I look forward to it. I rarely scan 97W for new stuff. It's kind of a pain sorting thru it all and sorting out the duplicates after scanning.

I have my dish setup on that on satellite all the time those channels come and go all the time.

Dan Rose

Yep. That was one of my motivations for making the channel guide -- it seems like there's something different each week. I'm hoping to keep it updated frequently to reflect the changes in line-ups.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

new to FTA free to air

please someone help me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)