922 Record current show to TV2

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Is there a way on the 922 to where if you want to record a live show to have it do it on TV2. When I had a 722 if I pushed record while watching something it brought up a dialog box that ask which tuner I wanted to use. With the 922 it just goes to TV1. If I want to record the remainder of a program to TV 2 I have to got to that room to start the recording.

Under settings I have record plus enabled and set for tv2.

What am I missing?

I think the only way to do that is to record it from TV 2 (I'm assuming you are in dual mode right?).

That is not a feature with the 922 receiver, as with our other receivers. Pressing Record on a ViP 922 will record the remainder of the event. Pressing Record a second time will allows you to increase or decrease the recording time of the event. I'm not sure why this feature was not included with the 922.

Another failing of the 922 receiver. I sure hope the 813 has better improved software ,more like the 722k series with all it's full features.

Another failing of the 922 receiver. I sure hope the 813 has better improved software ,more like the 722k series with all it's full features.

I would sure think/hope this would be a easy software fix???? But then again, if dish never listens, or responds to our requests, ideas, help, baybe were just sol?

I would sure think/hope this would be a easy software fix???? But then again, if dish never listens, or responds to our requests, ideas, help, baybe were just sol?
I've said it before and I know that some won't agree with me, but I think that the 922 is an orphan receiver. DISH is not doing much to fix the software issues ,at least not in a timely manner. IF they are going to base the new 813 Xip receiver on the same software as the 922 it will be as buggy as hell and it will not bode well for the future. Unless they put substantial effort into fixing the bugs and adding some of the same well known software features their older lines of receivers have, their will be more frustration for all who want the latest and greatest receivers.

EA vs WA Picture quality question

Good signal on 199 and 110 But???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)