811HD (Trying to install TV Guardian)

screens2

Original poster
Oct 9, 2004
:) I use to have a 522 which worked great with the TV Guardian. Now I have the new 811 which works great but I'm trying to pass the Green signal thru the TVG 201 Video 1 Input Than out the TVG Video out to the In Green on my Sony HDTV. Anybody out there that can help me?

The TV Guardian won't work with any of the HD inputs (Red Green or Blue)
But I'm pretty sure this will work: plug your Red Green and Blue cables directly into your Sony HD. Plug The Red and White audio cables and yellow video cable from the output of the 811 into the TV Guardian and then just plug another set of red and white audio cables from the TV Guardian into your Sony HD

Thanks for yuour help I did that. Just one problem, when I want to watch in HD instead of RCA-S Video the TVG will not be on.
Peter

Doesn't the TVG only filter audio through the closed caption? This should be why you only need to input the yellow video so it can read the captions. you don't really need to output any video through the TVG. The audio will still be filtered if you take the red and white audio cables and plug them into the same input that you have your component video into you Sony HD

According to TVG the closed caption is transferered on the Component Green cable. They said that the Red and Blue go straight to the TV where the Green must pass thru their TVG in order for the TVG to read the close caption. Then the green must pass on to the TV.
Remember I am trying for a HD picture with TVG to capture the bad language.
I have the TVG 101 and the new 201.

Is oxygen on dish??

Baton Rouge Locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)