811 Freezes

jmd102354

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2005
PA
I've had the 811 for two weeks. Today it started freezing up and rebooting itself. The picture froze but the audio kept going, then it rebooted. Other times I would lose audio but have the picture . Any ideas? :confused:

Welcome to the 811 Freeze Club! I had been having the EXACT same symptoms yesterday and ultimately wound up unplugging the unit overnight. Plugged it back in today and presto, working great since.

As a sidenote, the Dish 'technical' csr was sending out a technician :rolleyes:. A few days ago when I was setting up another 811 in the house the 'technical' csr couldn't figure out my problem either (I did five minutes after the call - I was selecting the wrong satellite in the setup menu). In the meantime, the kid gave me an RMA # and sent out a replacement. I called back the next day to tell them not to do it but too late, it had been shipped. Now I have another 811 that I have to send back.

These folks were all nice don't get me wrong, but their technical expertise is absolutely horrid. I get more help right here on these forums.

CSR said

I called CSR today when my picture again began to slow-mo while the sound played correctly. The CSR said they are aware of the problem and the new software download scheduled for March will fix it.

Voomer with a question

921 Install Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)