722k help

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
Turn it on a little bit ago and now even though nothings changed my HD picture is squished into a 4.3 box. I've used the format but but nothing changes. Help please?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

What are the settings is menu-6-8? How do you have the receiver connected to your TV, and is this happening on all channels?

Also, when you bring up the menu/guide, is the format messed up on that, or do those show normally (full screen)?

That's all good. 1080i. 16x9 and yes all channels. Was not like this last night. That was the last time it was turned on as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

When I first set up my 722k,I thought that my receiver was set up for 1080i,but it turned out that it was set for 480p(I have my 722k hooked up with HDMI cables). What I mean is that the tech set it up to broadcast in 1080i,but the receiver was broadcasting in 480p even though the receiver said it was set for 1080i. First off,what does your TV say that the receiver is broadcasting in? What I did to make sure that my receiver was broadcasting in 1080i was I changed the resolution to 720p,confirmed that that was what I wanted,checked with my TV to make sure that that was what I was getting,then I went through the whole procedure again,changing it (back) to 1080i,& then checking with my TV to make sure that yes,it was broadcasting in 1080i.

I had this happen once and the only way I found to fix it, resets did not help, was to use the return to factory defaults tab. Of course you will have to return preferences, but the wizard should take care of that...

Another thing I did was go to the channel lock list to block out the duplicate channels(the high 9000 channels) AND the SD duplicates of the HD channels,but only after I settled the resolution problem first.

I had this happen once and the only way I found to fix it, resets did not help, was to use the return to factory defaults tab. Of course you will have to return preferences, but the wizard should take care of that...

I'm already unhappy with dish if I have to factory reset and lose my recordings I'm going to blow a gasket.

Sent From My Galaxy Note.

21.0 IR/UHF Pro remote - need to erase macro

For those Dish Equipment Nay Sayers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts