722k Audio Question

Bailx

Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
I have a 622 and two 722k units. If you pause and unpause something, you will not hear audio for a second or so on the both 722k units, whereas on the 622 you hear audio right away. This is a little annoying, as any time I pause and unpause, I'll have to go back and watch the last 10 seconds if I want to hear that audio. Is there any way to change that?

I'd also be curious if any other units do that, as I was considering the Hopper.

Thanks for any help.

How are these units hooked up in terms of audio? Are they hooked into an AVR? We need some more information to figure out what may be going wrong. I can say that my 722k that I had hooked up to my AVR (Harman Kardon AVR-254) through the HDMI input did not exhibit that behavior nor did it on the prior AVR when I had it hooked up through TOSLink (optical). My current Hopper unit is also hooked in via HDMI and it does not have this issue.

I don't have this problem with the 622 or the new Hopper I just got, it affects both 722k units though, so I don't see how my other components would play a part in this problem. I was hoping there was some common menu setting that I had somehow missed. Thanks anyways for the help.

Occasionally, I have seen delays on one of two systems and it may be because the A/V receiver is having to determine if the signal is Dolby Digital 2.0 or DD 5.1. Everytime the audio changes, the change scrolls across the LCD readout on my receiver.

seeing signal loss screen but no interference?

Moving - Literally - What are my options with Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)