722 keeps resetting when main tv (tv1) turns off for a period of 1 hour or more

cdub123

Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Boise Idaho
Ok heres my sad sad story. haha......I have a 722 dvr. Its hooked up to my main tv in the living room and the other (tv2) in the bedroom. When ever we shut off the main tv and go watch tv in the bedroom like at night it works just fine for about an hourish or maybe 2 hours. Then when we wake up in the morining or the middle of the night on tv 2 it is on the dishnetwork screen and says starting up......but it never start back up and the reciver keep resetting its self. while the dvr is resetting all lights are off and it says its in single dvr mode. (little orange light)......So the only way to fix it when it is doing that is to turn on the main tv. As soon as I turn on the main tv it starts the dvr up and then you can hear it running like the fan and what not. Its istant as some as i turn on the main tv. Then on the main tv screen it says progreess 1 of 5 and so on till it gets to 5 of5 then it kicks on the programing. I have had 2 diffrent dvr boxes sent out and 2 difftent lnb's replaced. its a dish 1000. I also have done resetting the reviver by unpluging it and done muti check switches......any ideas? Thanks.

Is it connected to TV1 via HDMI ? It must be if the TV turning off and the receiver resetting are related. Otherwise, the receiver doesn't know nor care if a TV is on or off. Try connecting it with component cables to see if it changes.

There are often incompatibilities between HDMI devices (one or both isn't following the standard ... they'll both blame each other too!). Not much you can do. Odds are pretty slim that your TV will get a firmware update to resolve this (if the TV is at fault). Dish, on the other hand, does update the receiver's s/w which could fix this. You could try reporting this to Dish (they have a "quality" e-mail address for this type of stuff) but don't hold your breathe.

One thing is, DO NOT let Dish tell you your receiver is defective and that a new one will fix it. You'll lose your recordings and will still have the shutoff problem.

Recording channel while watching same channel

Dish updates remote acess for iphone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)