722 HD Setup ?

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Had my 722 installed today. Tech just ran one set of componet cables
to my TV Componet input 1 Now that looks great on HD but when i watch SD i have to push the Format to kinda make it look ok. Should i have to do that ? If not shoud i have to switch inputs each time i go from HD to SD on my TV ?

Had my 722 installed today. Tech just ran one set of componet cables
to my TV Componet input 1 Now that looks great on HD but when i watch SD i have to push the Format to kinda make it look ok. Should i have to do that ? If not shoud i have to switch inputs each time i go from HD to SD on my TV ?
Make sure your HD setting matches your tv screen size. The format setting should be remembered for HD and for SD. Settings should be found by hitting Menu on the 722 remote, then 6, then 8.

Make sure your HD setting matches your tv screen size. The format setting should be remembered for HD and for SD. Settings should be found by hitting Menu on the 722 remote, then 6, then 8.

Please explain

when i watch SD i have to push the Format to kinda make it look ok. Should i have to do that ? If not shoud i have to switch inputs each time i go from HD to SD on my TV ?

What do you mean kinda make it look ok? Do you mean fill the screen? SD programing is not going to fill the screen unless you stretch it or zoom it. I prefer to watch it with the bars on the side, but whatever makes you happy. Or are you talking about actual picture quality?

I set HD to normal and SD to grey bars. This will alleviate your agnst about burn in. Also, turn your brightness and contrast down below 50%.

Your prefence

What they were asking is in the menu is it set for the correct output for your plasma set. If the set is a 720p unit then the output should be set to output 720p to your set. It would probably work if set to 1080i. Now if it is a 1080p unit then it should be set to 1080i. There is no 1080p setup out of HD sat receivers. In all cases the set up needs to be for 16X9 display. As far as the way you watch SD it can be in the form that you like. I would suggest going w/ gray pillar bars if you want to stay w/ the 4x3 standard aspect ratio. Now my preference is partial zoom. That setting expands the picture to to fill the edges of the 16X9 and crops a bit off the top and bottom of the 4X3 frame.

Travel Channel hd 2008

Features Wishlist - My Recordings & External Hard Drive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)