721 Guide won't come up...

StevenD

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2003
n
Everything works fine, except the guide won't come up. Ive tried it from the remote as well as through the menu. Ive reset the box a couple of times...that did nothing. This started happening earlier this afternoon.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

I had the same thing happen a few days ago. Since I noticed it late in the evening, I just shut the receiver off. The next morning all was well again. I suspect an overnight guide download straightened it out.

Dave

Weird. I had the same thing happen a few days ago too (never happened before). Rebooting solved it.

The overnight guide download fixed it. Its back to normal now.

I had the same problem two days ago. The fix was to go to the favorites list and set it to all channels, then do a hard reset.

I also had the same problem monday and tried all fixes with no help. My guide also would freeze on the screen if it did come up and the only way to get rid of it was to shut the reciever off. Since then, dish sent me a replacement 721 and for now, all is good.

StevenD said:
The overnight guide download fixed it. Its back to normal now.

Does the 721 download the guide everynight? When is the weather information updated? I occasionally see that it hasn't been updated since midnight once in a while...

I had the same problem happen with my remote again today... I have about 40 hours left on my DVR... does anyone who have a half-full or more harddrive having this problem?

Single input PIP

4 receivers new customer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)