622 Audio but no Video

lotto89

Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
I have been having an issue with the 622 for about a month now. At random times I will get Audio and No Video (except for the Menu's) on 1 of my 2 tuners. I have the box in Single mode (so i can swap between the 2 tuners) and one of the tuners will display all the channels as it should and the other will provide Audio but no Video on the majority of the channels (some of the channels will work on both of the tuners). When I run a "check switch" or power cycle the box it fixes it but within a few days it happens again. This is weird because I called up dish and they sent me another 622 and it is doing the same thing.

Any suggestions?

This isn't going to help, but I've got a 722 and a couple of months ago it did the same thing about 3 times in a little over a week and hasn't done it since. No idea what caused it, but try to give it a little time. It is the unit and not the satellite, though because I have OTA hooked up and it did the same as the sat channels.

I've had it happen once a couple of weeks ago on just the HD channels. The SD channels seemed to worked ok (at least the ones I checked). Power cycled the receiver and it came back.

I had the same issue with mine a few weeks ago... Rebooted it and it went away (For a few hours) then started the whole thing over... Called Dish tech and they sent me another 622... So far so good... Other then the actual phone line not working correctly everything else seems fine so I can live wioth it... CC1

I think it is the firmware too. I also have it occasionally and never had the problem before this. Others have posted about this problem on this board recently as well.

Also, do you sometimes see the picture breaking up on HD channels only? Like as soon as you change to an HD channel sometimes it will start to break up. Then changing the channel once or twice gets rid of the problem. I think this issue is related to the video blacking out because a few times when it has happened I noticed I was getting the picture breaking up on that channel.

I think it is the firmware too. I also have it occasionally and never had the problem before this. Others have posted about this problem on this board recently as well.

Also, do you sometimes see the picture breaking up on HD channels only? Like as soon as you change to an HD channel sometimes it will start to break up. Then changing the channel once or twice gets rid of the problem. I think this issue is related to the video blacking out because a few times when it has happened I noticed I was getting the picture breaking up on that channel.
I've encountered all the problems reported in this thread on my 622 several times as well. I wondered if it was the dish. I am on EA. The breakup of the picture and momentary freezing when changing channels on occasions is the most frustrating.

FWIW, My 722 has same prob. I normally use component cable, Sunday I changed to HDMI to do some audio tuning on my Onkyo, I left TV on HDMI and had this prob. on booting system yesterday and today. First thing I did was change back to component, this got the video back, I switched back to HDMI and lost video, next I switched tuner with "Swap" button and repeated switching inputs on TV, this fixed the problem. So, this could be a prob. with HDMI being recognized by 722 on one tuner only. I'm gonna stick with component cable, since I get just as good of a picture and it always gives me audio and video.
Dan

audio?

FWIW, My 722 has same prob. I normally use component cable, Sunday I changed to HDMI to do some audio tuning on my Onkyo, I left TV on HDMI and had this prob. on booting system yesterday and today. First thing I did was change back to component, this got the video back, I switched back to HDMI and lost video, next I switched tuner with "Swap" button and repeated switching inputs on TV, this fixed the problem. So, this could be a prob. with HDMI being recognized by 722 on one tuner only. I'm gonna stick with component cable, since I get just as good of a picture and it always gives me audio and video.
Dan

Component + what audio? Are you using 2 RCA's for audio?

Digital Audio from 722 to Onkyo. I switched to HDMI because that is needed in order to see Onkyo menu and adjustments on the TV screen, I was calibrating surround system.
Dan

Dish site survey?

L667 on 722k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)