61.5 and Switch 64 setup question

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I disconnected my 61.5 Dish but still have my 61.5 Voom dish. If those 10 channels end up on 61.5 I need to reconnect the 61.5 dish to the switch. Is there an online diagram. I want to have it on my hands just in case. I still have my 110/119 connected with a switch 64.

Nothing to it, just plug the 61.5 legacy lnbf into the two empty slots on your SW64 and run the check switch procedure.

How do I identify which LNBF I have? I still have my old 300 pointed at 61.5 from the early HD days with Dish, but have no cables connected. I guess I need to make sure my LNBF and my switch are compatible, and I have no idea what kind of switch I have. All I know is, its big, accepts a lot of inputs, is mounted on the side of the house, and a powered adapter had to be inserted into the line when the tech installed my 510 to run alongside my 6000.

If the LNBF has DP on it, it is Dish Pro and will need a Dish pro switch. Otherwise you will need a SW64. Dish Pro Plus switches like the DPP44 will support every receiver without adaptors, but all your LNBFs will have to be DishPro. I am sure that Dish will do some sort of upgrade to what you need with a programming commitment.

Stacy A said:
How do I identify which LNBF I have? I still have my old 300 pointed at 61.5 from the early HD days with Dish, but have no cables connected. I guess I need to make sure my LNBF and my switch are compatible, and I have no idea what kind of switch I have. All I know is, its big, accepts a lot of inputs, is mounted on the side of the house, and a powered adapter had to be inserted into the line when the tech installed my 510 to run alongside my 6000.
Well, if you look at the switch, you'll see the model number - unless it's so old it's faded off - in which case it's gotta be a Legacy unit. ;)

Two kinds of Legacy switches - SW44 (4-in, 4-out) and SW64 (6-in, 4-out).

IIRC, for Legacy, only the SW64 required a power inserter. In DishPro, only the DPP44 needs one.

Simple Simon,

Okay, I've determined I have the SW44, but it has a power inserter. Now my question is can I take my old SW21 and combine two leads from the legacy quad lnbf's on the Dish 500 into one lead in order to free up a port on the SW44 in order to attach the lead from the single lnbf from the 61.5 dish? Confusing, eh?

Superdish, 811 receiver, 301 receiver. Disconnect my cable that ran from my 811 to superdish connector and hooked up my voom dish to my 811 received 61.5 at 100%!
Now the question is what do I need to get both my superdish and ny 61.5 going to my 811?

nanaberry said:
Superdish, 811 receiver, 301 receiver. Disconnect my cable that ran from my 811 to superdish connector and hooked up my voom dish to my 811 received 61.5 at 100%!
Now the question is what do I need to get both my superdish and ny 61.5 going to my 811?

You will need to replace your DP34 switch with a DPP 44 switch and also subsitute your current Voom lnb with a DP lnb. You can get an I Adaptor from dishstore.net that will allow your DP lnb to be attached to your Voom dish. I would jump on the dish offer from Dish. Pay the $100 for the dish and switch. It will be cheaper that if you go and buy everything yourself.

Stacy A said:
Okay, I've determined I have the SW44, but it has a power inserter. Now my question is can I take my old SW21 and combine two leads from the legacy quad lnbf's on the Dish 500 into one lead in order to free up a port on the SW44 in order to attach the lead from the single lnbf from the 61.5 dish? Confusing, eh?

No. You take the OUTPUT from the SW44(not port1. ONLY ports 2,3,4) and run it into the SW21 sat 1. Run the 61.5 into the SW21 sat2. Run the switch to the recevier. Check Switch. Done.

larrystotler said:
No. You take the OUTPUT from the SW44(not port1. ONLY ports 2,3,4) and run it into the SW21 sat 1. Run the 61.5 into the SW21 sat2. Run the switch to the recevier. Check Switch. Done.

Got it. Now all I have to do is find that pesky SW21 switch...now where did I lay that thing last year?...

mm1 said:
... You can get an I Adaptor from dishstore.net that will allow your DP lnb to be attached to your Voom dish. ...
Unh. You might want to think about how long the LNB arms are for the various dishes before giving this piece of advice. :rolleyes:

A hacksaw and a drill will solve the problem. ;)

To Dish or not to dish that is the question.

Pocket Dish and Voom Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)