5LNB Versus 3LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

flhtp

Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
Northern Virginia
I currently have an H10 with a 3LNB antenna. I get limited reception on HD channels due to some distant trees. The DTV person told me that I needed an H20 and a 5LNB. Do you think this will improve my reception of HD?

I currently have an H10 with a 3LNB antenna. I get limited reception on HD channels due to some distant trees. The DTV person told me that I needed an H20 and a 5LNB. Do you think this will improve my reception of HD?

It won't help with reception of the problems channels. The H20/5LNB dish will allow you to receive channels from two new satellites which currently carry HD locals and limited regional sports networks. Next year there should be two additional satellites which will carry many additional stations It has been speculated that the existing HD channels will also be switched to the new satellites, which would help your reception.

It won't help with reception of the problems channels. The H20/5LNB dish will allow you to receive channels from two new satellites which currently carry HD locals and limited regional sports networks. Next year there should be two additional satellites which will carry many additional stations It has been speculated that the existing HD channels will also be switched to the new satellites, which would help your reception.

Actually if you get the H20-600 you will likely see your ota reception improve, since it has the 5th generation chipset from LG in it. The H20-100 is a more stable box, with fewer glitches, but the ota tuner is not as good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Technical Article on Directv Equipment??

DVR to PC DVD Recording?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)