522 recording OTA

Heck Dish told me the 522 would? Maybe I should stay with D*? I've called E* 3 times & two of those the techs acted like it was there first day. At D* it's not like that. I have my install date for E* this Friday, maybe I'll back out yet....

D* can't do that either can it? I'm pretty sure the 921 is the first such receiver that was integrated with any content provider. Tivo standalone can but I'd be surprised if D* added an OTA tuner along with the SAT tuner.

In any case, stay with D* if you like it better just remember you'll be paying more for less but you may not have as many bugs to deal with or you may get lucky and not have much problem at all.

The only thing to keep in mind is that the first line tech support is pretty useless, I doubt any of them have even used the system, they probably just search a knowledgebase. typical of most techy companies. If D* offers better service and you aren't willing to keep asking until you find someone knowledgeable with Dish then you might be better off staying with D*.

rhollinger said:
The only thing to keep in mind is that the first line tech support is pretty useless, I doubt any of them have even used the system, they probably just search a knowledgebase.

Slightly off topic observation, I wonder if E* has some sort of call routing based on caller-ID? The past few times I've called support the first person to answer identified themselves as "Advanced Support" and were actually pretty knowledgeable. Maybe at some point they made a notation on my phone number that I am more advanced than the first-level support so they get bypassed?

or maybe you just got lucky :)

Aren't the only 3 answers?
Reset your reciever.
We'll have to send you a replacement.
No you can't do that.

rhollinger said:
or maybe you just got lucky :)

Aren't the only 3 answers?
Reset your reciever.
We'll have to send you a replacement.
No you can't do that.
You forgot:
Your dish must not be properly grounded.
I'll have to report this as an uncommon trend.

Picture Quality on 510

Memory Dump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)