522 NBR - who can experiment for me?

geobernd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 5, 2004
Hi,
I am thinking of moving to a 522 - if NBR works well enough... (I currently have a 508)...

I subscribe to two international channels (that's the only thing I subscribe to) that have many reruns of the same show (typically one showing with 1-2 reruns). Some shows are older so the way 'new episodes' is implemented on the 522 wouldn't work... Something like the TiVo 28 day rule would be required (not sure if that exists)...

If one of you can do an experiment for me:
Go to Channel 726,
setup a Dish Pass with 'All Episodes' for 'Niedrig und Kuhnt - Kommissare ermitteln'
You should see not more than 1 episode being recorded per day. If you see more than one being recorded on Tuesday 2/8 through Friday 2/11 then NBR won't help me much (they have one new episodes on each of those days and two reruns of the same episode (or the one that was new the night before)).....

I'd appreciate if someone could run this 'test' before I venture out on ebay and then get disappointed later....

Well, I went to go try this out for you... and DUH! I don't subscribe to the internationals, nor that channel.

BUT, if you do 'All Episodes,' it will record EVERY ep in the guide, unless the info is the same as a recorded or scheduled episode already in the system. If, for example, you have "blah 1" twice and "blah 2" once showing per day, it'll pick up just ONE "blah 1" and the "blah 2" each day. That make sense?

From what you are talking about, NBR should work for you... it'll get the 'new' (aka 2005) episode, and not record the 2 repeats per day.
I'm sorry I couldn't help you out more than that.... what channel is 726, anyway?

Thanks for the explanation!
It should work then :)
Channel 726 is ProSiebenSat1Welt (from Germany) - I'm one of those immigrants - came to New York in '95 for a 2 month consulting job and somehow that job is still going on :D It's nice to have a bit of TV from 'the old home'...

It's Official, I Am Dumping Dish

921 vs Humax DT800

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts