5 receivers

ojibberish

Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
I'm sure this has been answered several times, but I was wondering if it would be possible to hook up 5 receivers with Dish. Could I use a quad and a dual dish at the same time? Is there some sort of splitter that I can use? I'm looking to do 1 DVR522 and 3 regular receivers.

Thanks for the info,

Christopher

Are you asking because you already have 2 dishes 500s, a quad and a twin? Or do you have nothing and are wondering what the best set up is?

If you have the 2 dishes, then yes they will work seperatly.

If you have nothing what'd you'd probably get is a Dish 500 with quad lnb and a DP34 switch.

The switch would plug into ports 1 and 2 of the quad. The 522 would plug into ports 3 and 4 of the quad. And the other 3 receivers would go into ports 1-3 of the DP34.

I have an older dual dish, and will probably get a quad with my new setup. Is the switch something dish would provide, or would I have to purchase it?

Thanks for the info,

Christopher

I think a standard installation only covers 4 tuners being hooked up, so they may or may not charge you to add the DP34.

There are SO many ways to do this - depending in part on how many birds you need to see - which depends on what programming you want.

To really get into it, what do you mean by "older dual dish"? Two separate LNBs connected by SW-21's (little square boxes)?

Are you OK with having two dishes mounted? If so, then no problem - hang one of the "regular" boxes on the old Legacy setup, and the 522 and other 2 boxes on the Quad (or DP34 - installer's choice).

Another way to do it and keep it clean would be to get a either a DPTwin or a pair of DPSingle lnb's. Run those into a DP34. That would give you 4 outputs. Then daisy a DP21 onto the DP34. That would give you 5 and only 5 outputs. Of course all of your receivers would have to be DP or have DP Adapters. It's not a cheap solution, but I am pretty sure a DPTwin and a DP21 are a little cheaper than a DPQuad. You would still need the DP34.

LM

DISH - Local ABC - Charlotte Problem

Dish 811 picture jumps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)