$5 Encore Package - still SD?

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
From some older posts, it would appear that the $5 Encore package is SD - is this still true? Thanks, all!:D

Yes ENCORE EAST is the only one in HD as of now.Encore DRAMA ,ENCORE ACTION is suppose to be launching soon.Its unclear however if DISH will pick them up....

Hrmm, do you get Encore East in HD with the $5 Encore package? I thought the $5 package got you all the Encore channels except Encore East and Encore WAM -- so therefore Encore was all SD with the $5 package?

I had heard you had to subscribe to the Top 250 package to get Encore East and WAM (or Starz for Encore East)?

Am I wrong?

Encore East in HD and WAM are not available with the $5 Encore package. None of the Encore HD offerings are included in that plan, only Encore SD channels.

[Encore Movie Pack can be added for $5 more a month]
341 Encore West
342 Encore Westerns
343 Encore Action
344 Encore Mystery
345 Encore Drama
346 Encore Love
377 MoviePlex

For some reason, the a la carte site has some incorrect information (false advertising I would say).: http://www.dishnetwork.com/premiums/other/default.aspx

This is what the site states:

Encore Movie Package > Favorite movies you want to watch again and again

Channels 340-347

The Encore Movie Package features hundreds of movies each month from a variety of genres such as Drama, Mystery, Action, Love, Westerns and more. With 8 commercial-free channels to choose from, you're sure to enjoy tons of your favorite movies and discover new ones!

I think Dish lists the wrong channel numbers, but may have the correct count of channels. Encore (Ch 340) was included in the Encore package, but now that it is in HD I don't believe it is anymore. I think it is part of TOP250 in HD only.
I also think Movieplex was moved to the Encore package, as it is SD. So I count 8 channels, no false advertising? (Other than it it's not ch340, but 347 instead.)

341 ENCRW
342 EWSTN
343 EACTN
344 EMYST
345 EDRAM
346 ELOVE
347 EWAM
377 MPLEX

I have forwarded the issue with DISH.com not showing the correct channels up the chain.

We have had Encore Movies a la carte for a few months, and we do not get 347 EWAM. EWAM seems to only be included with America's Top 250. However, if that is an issue, please forward that issue, too.

I think Dish lists the wrong channel numbers, but may have the correct count of channels. Encore (Ch 340) was included in the Encore package, but now that it is in HD I don't believe it is anymore. I think it is part of TOP250 in HD only.
I also think Movieplex was moved to the Encore package, as it is SD. So I count 8 channels, no false advertising? (Other than it it's not ch340, but 347 instead.)

If channel 340 was included in the past, I do not get why they did not just leave the SD channel if HD is that big of a deal. However, when we had AT 250, we would get the HD feed of Encore East and not the SD feed. To get the SD feed of Encore East, one has to subscribe to Starz. I think the HD feed is also included with Starz. MoviePlex is SD and on channel 377.

So, I count seven channels:
(1) 341 ENCRW
(2) 342 EWSTN
(3) 343 EACTN
(4) 344 EMYST
(5) 345 EDRAM
(6) 346 ELOVE
(7) 377 MPLEX

If channel 340 was included in the past, I do not get why they did not just leave the SD channel if HD is that big of a deal. However, when we had AT 250, we would get the HD feed of Encore East and not the SD feed. To get the SD feed of Encore East, one has to subscribe to Starz. I think the HD feed is also included with Starz. MoviePlex is SD and on channel 377.

So, I count seven channels:
(1) 341 ENCRW
(2) 342 EWSTN
(3) 343 EACTN
(4) 344 EMYST
(5) 345 EDRAM
(6) 346 ELOVE
(7) 377 MPLEX

I thought it was this. EWAM has always been part of Encore, but now maybe not??
1) 341 ENCRW
2) 342 EDRAM
3) 343 EACTN
4) 344 EMYST
5) 345 EDRAM
6 )346 ELOVE
7) 347 EWAM
8) 377 MPLEX

I guess we need someone that does not get TOP 250 or AEP to confirm if they get or do not get ch 340 SD or someone else to confirm they do not get EWAM.

Last edited:
Thanks! Apparently some have been grandfathered, I just called and my In-laws they still get EWAM, they have top 200, with Encore.

It's kind of silly that EWAM which is in the Encore multiplex of channels, is not included with the Encore package. I've NEVER seen a TV provider do that.

It's kind of silly that EWAM which is in the Encore multiplex of channels, is not included with the Encore package. I've NEVER seen a TV provider do that.

While I haven't checked every provider in the U.S. as you have, why is that a negative? I think it's fine putting it in the Top 250 only.

Online DISH guide??

Distance from dish to receiver problems?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)