4DTV Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
A 4DTV receiver allows access to digicipher programming as well as analog. My question is: Would it also receive DVB (FTA) programming like the Pansat, Coolsat and other receivers? I don't know if it would switch the 13 and 18V to control polarization. It probably wouldn't control at diseqc switch as well. If only 1 receiver box had everything. :)

Some of the higher-end broadcast-grade Digicipher II boxes (commerical ones, not the 4DTV) will do both DCII and DVB... but they are very $$$....

The Motorola 4402x comes to mind... Also, the Motorola 4800 will do both DCII and DVB, AND it can do DVB 4:2:2... but again, we're talking serious money.

I don't think the commercial receivers are 4DTV compliant.

Hello,

What is the Digicipher? Is it another standard of signal transmission? Or it’s an encryption …

The original scrambling for C-Band was VideoCipher (also called VCII)
The digital version is Digicipher II (or DCII for short). You need a 4DTV box for that

DVB is what most boxes out there do (Fortec, pansat, Satwork, etc)

DCII and DVB are signal transmition types.

So to watch the DC II programming is the matter of buying the receiver?

the 4DTV receiver needs to be authorized and to get the channel maps, you need to be on C-band

I see, so there is a CI slot on the 4DTV receiver
What about IA5 (ex. T5) on Freq. 11894 H transponder 10 Merrill Lynch (I don't think that anybody will watch that channel, but just to see if it works) it's on KU band ... can it be visible

something that it could pick up would be the PBS stuff on AMC3

12096 V 19510

or Louisiana PBS
12072 H 14630

LPB is the reason I am interested in a DCII receiver. Since I live in Louisiana and New Orleans doesn't have an LPB affiliate (it DOES have 2 PBS ones), I'd like to be able to receive that network.

The question is whether or not the commercial receivers require authorization even for the DCII FTA channels. That is a question I should be able to answer for everyone by the end of the week... I've got 2 DCII receivers coming in, one is a pro broadcast model.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

T-Pod question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)