4dtv problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Got my new DSR 922 from NPS and all, blah, blah, its connected and love it!

My problem,

I can get G0-125, but not 126 or 127, west feeds of Showtime something or another
I can't get its east feeds on C3 at all, no C3 125/126/127, it just says finding channel.

Are these channels not available anymore or what is wrong? I read somewhere these are only avail on a 922, which is what I have.

This is the west feeds of some Showtimes...anyone else have this problem?
I did an online rehit thru NPS but no luck.

Can you help?

Last edited:
Have you tried to do a re-map. Put it on G1-3 and unplug it for a half minute and let it reboot. When the Warm-Up is through, check it and see. If it's still not right, you can try to do it again. Then get your guide back, when you're ready. If it still doesn't come up, call NPS and see if they can get it going?

Al

I can't get its east feeds on C3 at all, no C3 125/126/127, it just says finding channel.
Can you help?

Sounds like your off, those channels require a well tuned dish, go to the Shotime channels you get on C3, hit exit and a arrow, any arrow, once the little peak menu comes up, bump the dish slowly like 1-2 numbers every 5-10 seconds, keep an eye on the quality, if one way make the quality go down then go the other way, after you do that, go over to the skew, and do the same thing, press exit when you get the best quality, the 922 will auto save, then try the other channels.

If above did not help and you have a dish of 8.5' and up, then you most probably need to go outside and work on the dish, or you may have something in the line of sight.
Good Luck!

If above did not help and you have a dish of 8.5' and up, then you most probably need to go outside and work on the dish, or you may have something in the line of sight.
Good Luck!

Went out and adjusted the dish, got a 10' mesh, quality jumped way up. Still no C3 125-127......

Furthermore, now can't get my cband fta to work.

Went out and adjusted the dish, got a 10' mesh, quality jumped way up. Still no C3 125-127......

Furthermore, now can't get my cband fta to work.

You may have misadjusted the dish, look here for great info on alignment, you may be off on your polar axis, and did not need to move what you did.
http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp2.html

Also allow dish to move for updates every night incase it did not download the maps good, remmember to mark your mount before you make adjustments.

I give up.

I have signal quality of 86 on C3 125/126/127

I have signal quality of 99 on G0 125 (which I receive fine) and also on 126/127 which I am not receiving.

I have the dish set up to move at night but it doesn't.

I have a headache from this because to me, missing 5 channels is iritating, I want it all!

I give up.

I have signal quality of 99 on G0 125 (which I receive fine) and also on 126/127 which I am not receiving.

I have a headache from this because to me, missing 5 channels is iritating, I want it all!

You may know this but the 4DTV receiver should be turned off before 2:00 Am your time before it will move to G1 @ 133°. i have power my down later than 2:00Am and it still made the move to G1 @ 133° with no problems. good luck

You may know this but the 4DTV receiver should be turned off before 2:00 Am your time before it will move to G1 @ 133°. i have power my down later than 2:00Am and it still made the move to G1 @ 133° with no problems. good luck

The 4dtv move is programmed for 2am and 4am, if the unit is on at those times then you can put it to G1 yourself if you wish before turning it off.

I give up.

Is your skew working properly? also I think you mean that your signal is in the 80's and 90's, what is you quality? the 922 needs 45 quality for a stable picture.

Did you leave the dish on one of the channels you get and have someone go outside and push the dish down, and later up to see if ithe quality goes up? if not you should do this, the Showtime channels you are receiving on AMC-11 (C3) what is you quality? you should be up over the 80's if not then there must be a dish alignment problem, or your line of site is blocked.

Update,

The C3 125-126-127, I have Signal 100, and Quality 1, I have nothing in the LOS, I get on all the other DCII channels a signal of 100 and quality of 99. I have turned and lifted and skewed and moved and did all I could while someone was in the house watching the quality and it never went off of 1.

As you all could've read, I moved this dish from a relatives about 35-40 miles SE of my home, the dish is a 10' mesh, great condition even to be 15 yrs old, I had to put a new actuator on but other than that no other issues with the dish itself. I did not change any of the elevation on it or anything. I get all satellites from AMC 8 to IntelSat 805, or roughly PAS 9. Even in my tweaking yesterday I managed to get a higher quality on my G1 movie channels as it went from 68 to 83. But still no C3 125-126-127. I also power down the system at night for the move and also leave the dish on G1 3 when I leave during the day just in case.

So where do I go from here?

Also noticed after tweaking the dish I have lost my cband FTA somehow.

Hmm I am not able to see AMC-11 (Trees) so I can't look to see if the channels are coming in. You lost the FTA, what satellite? are other channels working on the dvb? I have not read anything about the Showtime channels on AMC-11 could be maybe Showtime is playing around with some of there feeds.

Anyone getting these feeds right now?

Just noticed that after I tweaked the 10' and got better quality on my 4dtv channels I have now lost all cband fta...still get ku fta and dish network fta no problem but the cband is gone.

Just noticed that after I tweaked the 10' and got better quality on my 4dtv channels I have now lost all cband fta...still get ku fta and dish network fta no problem but the cband is gone.

Maybe your diseqc switch went bad? if the 4dtv C-band is working then the dvb should also work, take a look at your connections.

Finally got it all back working except for the few Showtime channels. If anyone has advice on how to get those 3 on C3 I would appreciate it. I have tried it all, what's next?

Those channels (C3 - 125,126,127) are on a different transponder than the other channels. Maybe when your receiver mapped the channels, the data for that particular transponder was somehow corrupted. The best I can offer is to do a soft reset in accordance with the webpage below and force a remapping of the channels. Have fun.

http://cband.winnfreenet.com/4dtv.php

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trying to tune in W7/Nasa - coolsat 5000

Recommened NPRM for BUD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)