4 receivers new customer...

rjousuf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
I don't know if this is right group or not but here it goes anyways...I AM NEW CUSTOMER...

currently www.dishnetwork.com has the four receiver deal where i can get up
to 4 receiver systems for $49??I use the ordering process on their website untill the checkout screen and no where it says any extra money for the PVR
receivers. I know i WILL NOT own the receivers but can i get 4 PVR receivers
for $49 installation price? How about if i wanted the HDTV receivers??I get 2 of them and 2 PVR for free too??Also how much hard time does DISH gives someone who has 4 receivers...ie...all 4 receivers MUST BE HOOKED TO THE PHONE LINE ALL THE TIME,,,Why are u getting 4 receivers....why is your programming cost so high....ETC....Also i see the 4 receivers deal every place on the web offered by different dealers...is it better to order direct from DISH or choose one of those online dealers...

TIA

I'm not sure of the details of these deals, but a 522/322 install is quite common. 522 is a 2-tuner, 2-output DVR, 322 is a 2-tuner, 2-output regular. No idea what the current HDTV upgrade deal might be.

You're probably better off going through E* direvctly because some (most?) dealers will want you to sign a commitment. In fact, some installers will want you to do that even if you order direct - just be careful.

Hi,
thanks for responding to my question so fast...

you said that "I'm not sure of the details of these deals, but a 522/322 install is quite common. 522 is a 2-tuner, 2-output DVR, 322 is a 2-tuner, 2-output regular. No idea what the current HDTV upgrade deal might be."

By 2 tuner 2 output you mean if i got the 4 receiver deal, i will only get 2 receivers actually??then the connection from these 2 recievers will run to 4 TV's since they are 2 tuner 2 output recievers??or no matter which 4 receiver deal i get...I will have 4 different recievers in 4 different rooms...
thanks for replaying

That is correct. You MIGHT only get 2 physical boxes. The x22 boxes are basically like having 2 separate receivers rolled into one physical case.

One of the DVR choices is a 522. It's nice in some ways because the hard drive is shared between the 2 "sides" of the box. OTOH, that can be a detriment - depending on who's sharing the box? Parent's master bedroom stuff might not be good to have shared with the kids.

If you get an HD box, it'll be a single tuner single output unit known as an 811.

Sometimes the 2-box solution is better, sometimes worse. It depends on your specific wiring situation and your objectives. Do you have existing coax cable? Is it the right kind? Does it go where it's needed? Do you mind having fresh satellite feed punched into 4 different rooms? Do you want the boxes hidden away in a utility closet with all the outputs routed through the whole house (kindof like having your own little cable system)?

These things that are rather difficult to discuss and decide what's best in a forum, but I'll keep on going if you want.

721 Guide won't come up...

Record Plus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)