4:2:2 question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
You need a pci card or usb2 card like the USB World Box to get 4:2:2 right? Do you also need a C-Band Sized dish or will a simple little 76 cm Winegard do the trick. I'm seriously considering buying a USB World Box, but don't have a CBAND sized dish (**at least not yet :) **)

there is a lot of KU Band 4:2:2. Heck scan on a weekend and you'll see sports feeds with audio but no video. Thats 4:2:2

The NBC feeds on AMC1 KU are the only "non-feed" that is 4:2:2

so to answer the question, you do not need a C-Band dish to receiver 4:2:2

You need a pci card or usb2 card like the USB World Box to get 4:2:2 right? Do you also need a C-Band Sized dish or will a simple little 76 cm Winegard do the trick. I'm seriously considering buying a USB World Box, but don't have a CBAND sized dish (**at least not yet :) **)
Thats the cheapest way to get it. There is a set-top box out there but its at a very high cost. You can get 4:2:2 on a KU dish. It just depends on the program you want to pickup.

Now you will have one more reason to love your Invacom Quad.

You already have an "extra" linear Ku LNB riding on your dish. Your PC DVB unit can use that LNB and be polarity independent of your Pansat -great for checking out active transponders found during a blind scan before the blind scan is complete.

Then you need to pay attention to the right codec to be able to watch 4:2:2.

You already have an "extra" linear Ku LNB riding on your dish. Your PC DVB unit can use that LNB and be polarity independent of your Pansat -great for checking out active transponders found during a blind scan before the blind scan is complete.
Awesome advice! :)

What's more connecting up like that direct to the extra lnb port would probably save me some coax since the computer rooms in the attic, I'd just have to run from lnb to computer, which is roughly 20-25 feet instead of going all the way to basement and back up to main floor where pansat is, which would be about 80 feet of coax. I guess I'll have to invest in a new surge protector to put between the lnb and the computer since the coax won't be going to the surge protector down by the pansat, but that's ok. It'll be worth it! :)

Last edited:
Awesome advice! :)

What's more connecting up like that direct to the extra lnb port would probably save me some coax since the computer rooms in the attic, I'd just have to run from lnb to computer, which is roughly 20-25 feet instead of going all the way to basement and back up to main floor where pansat is, which would be about 80 feet of coax. I guess I'll have to invest in a new surge protector to put between the lnb and the computer since the coax won't be going to the surge protector down by the pansat, but that's ok. It'll be worth it! :)

This morning, in anticipation of getting this new box, I redid some stuff in how the pansat's hooked up. Now I've got the line going from ota antenna to receiver split with a y connector so that it's feeding in to both the pansat and directly to the all-in-wonder upstairs. This will keep the pansat's being on or off from affecting ota signals. I used to have the ota antenna go directly to pansat and then had a y branch from pansat's tv out to tv and to computer, mainly so that computer could see satellite channels.... Doing things this new way should keep ota signals from being affected with static if pansat is on. That'll be nice, once I get the lnb hooked directly to the dvb world box since it'll mean the computer can see all ota and satellite signals, be recording on any channel at any time, and totally have absolutely no affect whatsoever on what's being seen downstairs (assuming the dish is on G10r most of the time and most of the recordings I'll be doing come from that satellite).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DOES Stab HH120 MOTOR AND VIEWSAT RECEIVER WORK?

Blind scan on PCI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)