4:2:2 Equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
I've noticed a few posts about FTA equipment capable of receiving 4:2:2. Until recently, it seems that the only way to get 4:2:2 was via a PCI card in the computer or by purchaseing really expensive equipment. Now I'm seeing some people mention Quali-TV.

What are the current choices available for receiving 4:2:2 and what are the price ranges?

The DVB World USB receiver will do 4:2:2 (and HD) $105 Shipped.

True, but the OP asked "FTA equipment capable of receiving 4:2:2"

And it work's very well.The FTA receivers that can do this are expensive.I saw that Quali-TV for over $500.00 if I remember correctly.
Correction-About $700.00

Last edited:
PSB said:
True, but the OP asked "FTA equipment capable of receiving 4:2:2"
Yes,
I'm looking for all options and general price ranges. I'm mostly interested in receivers that can be hooked right to the TV, but the Quali-TV is still out of my price range. I'm trying to justify to my wife that I really need a C-band dish. So I must choose my battles carefully :)

My QualiTV cost me about $725 and it is a receiver. It's got some quirks mentioned in another thread and there is a review in the review section that I somewhat did, but it's worth it. Watching 2 games right now on a A/B switch that are about to start soon. Receiver does HD 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 (has the green bar on the bottom, but not bad for me), regular 4:2:0 and regular 4:2:2 with no problems. I love my receiver. It gets most of the feeds for me based on the size dishes that I have. :) There's 2 places I know that sell them. They come from overseas. You can upgrade the receiver with updates via your computer, but I haven't done that yet...kind of scared I'll mess that up.

rjc3895 said:
Yes,
I'm looking for all options and general price ranges. I'm mostly interested in receivers that can be hooked right to the TV, but the Quali-TV is still out of my price range. I'm trying to justify to my wife that I really need a C-band dish. So I must choose my battles carefully :)

The DVB World box costs around $105 SHIPPED!

Does 4:2:0 and 4:2:2

Does HD both 4:2:2 and 4:2:2 And plays AC3 audio right through the computer speakers.....

MikeI said:
You can upgrade the receiver with updates via your computer, but I haven't done that yet...kind of scared I'll mess that up.
Mike, I would love to have that info. I haven't seen anything about an update via computer. All I've seen is updates off of 1 of the EURO birds, that's out of my range. If you know where to go for this on the net. Please advise. Thanks. And, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pansat 3500s Update usining SD slot(att.Iceberg)

Cold and confused

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)