3618 Problems Solved

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I have solved my scanning problems with the Satwork 3618. I was doing blind scans with the polarity set on horizontal and vertical, this was taking up to 20 minutes to scan and would pick up double signals. The problem is that I am running the 3618 as a slave through my Motorola 922. The 922 controls the polarity. What I was doing wrong was setting the 922 on a TP and scanning. The 3618 would scan one side of the polarities and then change to the other side, but the 922 would stay on the previous side, thus producing double signals.

The solution is simple: set the 922 on a vertical TP, set the 3618 on blind scan with the polarity on vertical, then scan. Next set the 922 on a horizontal TP, set the 3618 on horizontal polarity, then scan. This scans both sides of the satellite with an average of 5 minutes per scan and picks up only one set of signals per polarity. This also eliminates the problem of what I thought was missing frequencies on a scan.

I hope this information will help anyone who is running a DVB receiver as a slave through a C and Ku band receiver. If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.:) :D :)

VERY nice tip Jim, thanks for sharing should save a few headaches!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pansat 2500a Help needed!

DirecTV Phase II dish with KU LNBF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)