301 in Camper/ 301 at home?

OKTRX450R

Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
Hello, we have a camper and we would like to receive satellite. We currently have 4 room Dish at home...will this work?

Purchase a 301 reciever for the camper, remove the card from our home 301 and put it in the 301 in the camper for trips or are the cards tied to the receivers?

Can't see paying the extra money for one or two weekends a month for half the year...we only watch the tv when it is cold, rainy, or at night...and I am already paying for it at home.

Thanks for your help...

OKTRX450R said:
Hello, we have a camper and we would like to receive satellite. We currently have 4 room Dish at home...will this work?

Purchase a 301 reciever for the camper, remove the card from our home 301 and put it in the 301 in the camper for trips or are the cards tied to the receivers?

Can't see paying the extra money for one or two weekends a month for half the year...we only watch the tv when it is cold, rainy, or at night...and I am already paying for it at home.

Thanks for your help...
You CAN'T swap cards between receivers but you can take a receiver with you to your camper as long as its just you watching it and not a different household.

Moving receivers between different dish setups can be a real pain - when you forget to do it right - especially if one rig is Legacy and the other DishPro.

Just pay the $5/mo for the box you put in the RV and be done with it.

I agree. Dish Network themselves would probably wonder why you keep adding the receiver on the account then taking it back off constantly. Your not losing much by keeping it on the account. If you can afford an RV and can afford to travel then you can afford paying the full $5 for the additional outlet fee for half the year. You could then shut it off for the other six months if you wish. That would be the least amount of hassle for you.

Thinking we are just going to add the receiver for half the year...seems to be the easiest. Not really wanting to rip anyone off...but seems odd we pay for it at home and have to keep on paying!!!

Thanks for the useful replies...

Stargazer...are you on the pipe? Can you afford to eat? Eat everyday? Do you have a car? Live in a house?

I guess from you answering yes to the above questions you must live in a mansion and eat prime rib for every meal when your not driving your porsche...

If your handy and understand the setups, get yourself another dish and keep it in the camper and take a reciever from the house. It's not too difficult to set up. If you use a tripod to set up the dish with try carrying a few empty milk jugs and fill them with water and use fishing line to hag them over the tripod. Works freat for weoght and when traveling you are not carrying any extra weight. Man Stargazer, the man said he had a camper not a $200,000 rig.

You mean to tell me that you are complaining about having to pay the full $5 a month on your programming bill for the additional receiver? You would only save $2.50 a month by calling in every two weeks to have it deactivated then reactivated again constantly. That was my point. I didnt think $2.50 would break you. No hard feelings though I do see your point and it would be different if you didnt use it for a long period of time as you indicated over a six month period than two out of four weeks out of a month.

We Just take two receivers with us now, it's a bit of extra work but only about 5 minutes or so.

Kids take one of theirs, they have a bunk room in camper, I take a dual LNB RCA dish on tripod. I only worry about hitting 119, it has most stuff on it.

If you had a dual tuner receiver then you may avoid the additional outlet fee depending on how the dialback to Dish Network works if they would allow you to have it hooked up for two weeks and still have the fee waived. Also it makes it simpler that you would only have to take one receiver with you in order to watch two different shows on two different tv's at the same time. You can get the 322's pretty cheap on eBay and probably be able to sell your 301's for what the 322 costs maybe even for more.

sprintcarcrazy said:
We Just take two receivers with us now, it's a bit of extra work but only about 5 minutes or so.

Kids take one of theirs, they have a bunk room in camper, I take a dual LNB RCA dish on tripod. I only worry about hitting 119, it has most stuff on it.
I take my 501 and my Hughes sd Reciever ( have dish 500 and D* dish) whichever one I want to hook up gets the nod...but I leave the camper powered up and have extra coax's from both my dpp44 for E* and my Phase 3 for D* and hook them to camper when I park it...

522 TV 2 Out

811 going to sleep - dish logo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)