3 t.v.'s on 1 receiver ?

divecorn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
Is there an easy, effective and cheap way to view different channels on three
different sets, all hooked up to one receiver box. ( One coax line from the dish to the box )
This is not for Direct t.v. or dish t.v. but for a foreign satellite t.v. service.
Sure ... it's ripping off the satellite company, but so what . They charge enough as it is for one box and renting two more is cost prohibitive.
If it can be done using multisplitters, or something simple I would like to know how, and who to purchase the hardware from ?

D

Yeah...but everyone has to watch the same channel. Split the output cable, then diplex it into the incoming line.

I know the dish boxes support two different channels on a single box.. but dunno about any other provider..

I did see some amusing stuff available in europe for FTA where it would wirelessly transmite a card to up to 4 recievers.. 1 card paid for .. 4 boxes getting signal from it..

3 in 1

Yeah...but everyone has to watch the same channel. Split the output cable, then diplex it into the incoming line.

Yes, that's simple. I know how to do that ..... but my question was specifically
" How do I set it up to watch different channels on 3 different sets ?

I know the dish boxes support two different channels on a single box.. but dunno about any other provider..

I did see some amusing stuff available in europe for FTA where it would wirelessly transmite a card to up to 4 recievers.. 1 card paid for .. 4 boxes getting signal from it..

The " other foreign provider " shouldn't be a problem. All systems should work basically in the same way.. So given that, can you be more specific as to how to split or wire the single box to send thhe second channel to a second set ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)